The Construction Technician CAD position reports to the Construction Superintendent. This position’s primary responsibility is drafting P&ID, isometric, site plan, and 3-D drawings for wellsite pad facilities. This includes coordinating with drilling services and other groups in the company to layout equipment and piping through various development phases. This position is responsible for assisting the construction project management of for assigned projects when necessary. It is also responsible for completing all operations in Encino’s safe operating environment and government regulatory guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Work with construction, engineering, drilling, civil, and completions groups to produce pad equipment layouts, recommend pad sizes, determine wellhead locations, and spot pipeline connections for new and infill drilling projects.
• Draft and maintain P&ID, 3D, electrical area classification, electrical, BOM, and layout drawings in cooperation with Encino engineering.
• Visit locations to measure and complete as-built and P&ID drawings (within ~50 miles of Carrollton, OH)
• Capture and import photos of completed pad builds onto company servers
• Assist construction project managers in developing isometrics and bill of materials for new construction, participate in bidding and ordering material per the drawings.
• Create project specific drawings as required by engineering such as: structural members, compression installations, SWD systems, etc.
• Utilize Peloton Siteview software to track and report construction costs, progress, and equipment location when needed.
• Use Trimble surveying software in conjunction with CAD to create accurate layout and pad drawings.
• Be able to read topographic drawings and understand site surveys.
• Assist in supervising crews in the field building new and infield facilities when needed.
• Required: AutoCAD Plant 3D and P&ID or CADWorx experience
• Oil and Gas or relevant experience
• Prior experience at engineering design helpful
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office product suite
• Knowledge of safety/environmental requirements and practices
• Knowledge of oil and gas processes & production equipment helpful
• Self-starter with ability to work independently and within groups
• Proven ability to handle time sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Ability to prioritize and strategically plan work in an environment with many priorities
Preferred: Vocational Certificate or Degree in Drafting or CAD.
Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
This position is not eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel anticipated for this position is minimal but may include overnight extended stays.
This job is in a field-operations-based environment with subject to seasonal field conditions ranging from normal to extreme temperature and weather conditions. This position requires and adequate balance between the field and office environments.
This position typically works Monday – Friday 8-5 but may be required to work overtime, nights, weekends and some holidays based upon a predetermined work schedule. Schedule may vary based on Field Operations and will be office and field-based work.
Encino Energy LLC is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston. The company is committed to accumulating high potential assets in multiple U.S. basins and to enhancing returns with active, discipline and technologically driven development programs.
Encino Energy LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and its employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee’s and applicant’s disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Encino Energy LLC does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.