Andy's Sprinklers is seeking an energetic, motivated and positive person to fill our available Service Technician Assistant position. We are looking for someone who is interested in pursuing a career as Service Technician in the future. If you love learning, customer service, and have a strong work ethic, this is the position for you!
- A positive/optimistic attitude, great team member
- Able to communicate with co-workers to build trust and value.
- Be on time and dependable.
- Be flexible, agreeable, and adaptable to change.
- Verifies that tools and parts are complete and in good working condition on truck daily.
- Assist in Troubleshooting underground automatic sprinkler/ irrigation systems, landscape lighting, drainage, Christmas lighting and landscaping.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both verbal and written about irrigation, lighting, drainage, Christmas lights and landscaping problems and solutions with the Crew Leader, Technician and/or Manager
- Performs repairs to our high quality standards.
- Cleans up job site and makes sure that customer is 100% satisfied before leaving any job site.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of Andy’s Sprinkler, Drainage and Lighting
- May train and/or mentor ride-a-longs in troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair of underground electric sprinkler/irrigation systems, lighting, drainage, Christmas lights and landscaping.
- Always keeps a clean work area and up to date inventory.
- Motivates and uplifts his/her team workers.
- Keeps van/truck well stocked and organized, assists with general vehicle maintenance.
Assistant Service Technician spend most of their working hours outside in the open air in all temperatures and conditions
· Ability to bend and stoop while maintaining in-ground system.
· Ability to frequently move supplies up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift weight consisting of 95 pounds.
· Ability to work in extreme weather
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – until the project is completed.
In addition, this position may be required to come into work earlier than regular working hours, on weekends, holidays and in emergency situations (i.e., may be subject to “on-call” responsibilities).
Travel is primarily locally during the business day
Health, Dental & Vision
Simple IRA Retirement Savings Account (after one year of full time employment)
Paid National Holidays