The National Runaway Safeline (NRS) is a 501(c)(3) organization committed to ensuring that America’s runaway, homeless and at-risk youth are safe and off the streets. NRS provides critical crisis intervention and resources for youth and families 24 hours a day, 365 days a year via a hotline, text, chat, emails, and an online forum. The organization is based in Chicago and serves youth in crisis and their families from across the U.S. and the U.S. Territories.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator is a critical member of NRS’ Program team. They will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of the organization’s data analytics and quality assurance systems. They will work to institute a culture of continuous quality improvement and to support an organization wide commitment to applying service delivery metrics and data to improve service delivery, drive organizational change and build awareness about the issues affecting runaway and homeless youth.
The ideal candidate brings a high level of energy and innovation and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Flexibility, strong organizational skills, effective written and oral communication skills, proven experience with data analytics and quality assurance/improvement, and a nuanced understanding of NRS’ diverse and broad audiences will be key for success in this role. This position reports to the Director of Training & Quality Assurance and will work collaboratively with all levels of staff. The Quality Assurance Coordinator will be instrumental in assisting the organization with meeting its goal for doubling the number of youth served by NRS by the end of 2021.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator position is based in Chicago and will be temporarily remote during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Assist with assessing and defining key questions, priorities, metrics and outcomes for measuring success;
- Identify, define and organize the breadth and depth of data collected through NRS’ service delivery platforms;
- Assist in establishing a reporting dashboard and system for analyzing progress in achieving defined goals, outcomes and measurements for success;
- Develop a continuous feedback and support system for crisis services staff and volunteers with a focus on quality improvement, professional development and adherence to organizational values, goals and outcomes;
- Support the creation and implementation of continuous quality improvement system for NRS’ crisis services team that integrates data analysis and real-time information to ensure delivery of the highest level of services for youth and families;
- Assist with developing reports, analytical assessments and other data relevant for impact and outcome measurements for assessing the NRS crisis services delivery model;
- Provide data driven recommendations for the scope and content of training required for NRS staff and volunteers to integrate this system into their daily and ongoing work functions and responsibilities, ensuring adoption of a culture committed to continuous quality improvement;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of NRS’ in-person and online trainings and continuing education programs for staff, volunteers and the general public;
- Assist with the ongoing development of NRS’ resource database;
- 3 years’ experience with quality assurance, continuous quality improvement and data analysis;
- Background in the areas of social services, education, human services, or a related field;
- Experience with research, evaluation, applied data analytics;
- Strong administrative skills and detail-oriented and proven organizational skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Superior communication skills – including strong writing and editing, relationship management and community engagement;
- Must be able to prioritize and manage projects from start to finish and to consistently meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Adobe;
- Strong working knowledge of database and/or contact management systems and data analysis software (e.g., Tableau or Crystal Reports); and
- An understanding of and commitment to the operating goals and mission of the National Runaway Safeline is essential.
NRS is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disability.