Recruitment Period: 06/01/18 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine enrolling a total of 560 medical students with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
Reporting to the Director of Academic Technology, this position is the lead support for classroom, video and web conferencing systems, and collaboration technology on campus and at remote locations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide leadership in vision for classroom and event technology, academic and collaborative applications, videoconference and multimedia services, and other accessible technology needs;
• Install, maintain, and support classroom and meeting room technologies;
• Oversee student technical liaison positions;
• Coordinate audiovisual support for campus events, including occasional evening and weekend events;
• Provide 2nd tier support to help desk, frequently responding to tickets and inquiries from faculty, staff, students, and campus guests;
• Maintain and track audiovisual inventory of technology resources to be used by faculty and staff including portable cameras, remote control devices, projection equipment supplies, storage media, etc.;
• Assist simulation center as needed with mannequin and robot set up and operation;
• Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards;
• Conduct appropriate and consistent with the philosophy and mission of PNWU;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Required: Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Two or more years audiovisual design of learning spaces
• Three or more years’ experience with classroom technology management and support
• Preferred experience working with remote sites
Specific Technology Preferences
• Zoom or similar teleconferencing software
• Moodle learning management system
• Techsmith Camtasia Studio
• Panopto lecture capture system
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases.
To ensure full consideration apply by the closing date at http://www.pnwu.edu/inside-pnwu/human-resources/employment/.
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
For information about life in Yakima visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.