Point person for customer inquiries and questions for existing loan accounts. Addresses existing borrower needs within the residential mortgage, consumer and commercial loan portfolio. Prepares and reviews written notifications, billing statements and daily reports. Initiates notification and customer contact relating to overdue loan accounts and deposit account overdrafts. Works to recover funds owed the Bank by setting up repayment arrangements. Assists in the processing of insurance and real estate tax payments. A flexible work schedule including some evenings may be required.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works in a team environment, takes initiative, organizes multiple tasks within required deadlines
• Processes transactions to loan accounts
• Answers customer inquiries, handles customer problems and complaints; counsels customers with special needs or requests
• Reviews daily reports and prepares daily notices and monthly billing statements
• Processes and tracks insurance
• Pays taxes and insurance through escrow and completes escrow analysis
• Provides support for other members of the credit administration team
• Recovers credit owed, and reduces Bank losses
• Initiates and sustains frequent contact with at risk customers
• Ensures compliance with Bank policies and procedures, completing updates as necessary
• Documents communication and collection actions within the Bank’s collection software system
• Collaborates with Third Party Collection Agencies and bank attorneys, and reconciles related reports
• Other duties as requested
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Bank of Greene County is a federal contractor and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
BANK SECRECY ACT (BSA)
Before assuming any duties, each employee will be trained in the proper filing and logging procedures for large currency transactions and the sale of monetary instruments.
Each employee will immediately report suspicious currency transactions or activity to their immediate supervisor or the BSA Officer.
All employees will become familiar with how their customers handle their accounts and will report any transactions that are not within the normal activities of the customer.
The employee will be trained in compliance with the BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT and associated laws and regulations under the Bank’s Compliance Program as it pertains to his or her job functions. Employees are expected to meet all compliance requirements as stated within the Bank’s BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Program. Failure to meet these compliance standards may adversely affect performance appraisals and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employee’s compliance violations may result in termination, individual fines, and possible imprisonment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: