Centivo is a new type of health plan anchored around leading providers of value-based care. Centivo saves self-funded employers 15 percent or more compared to traditional insurance carriers and is easy to use for employers and employees.
Centivo’s mission is to bring affordable, high quality healthcare to the millions of working Americans who struggle to pay their healthcare bills. With Centivo, employers can offer their employees affordable and predictable costs, a high-tech member experience, exceptional service, and a range of benefit options including both proprietary primary care-centered ACO models as well as traditional networks. An alternative to traditional insurance carriers or third-party administrators (TPAs), Centivo builds proprietary networks and offers all of the technology and service to fully administer health benefits.
Employers get a benefits solution that saves them money, provides full transparency into costs and data, and allows them to offer a range of benefit options to meet the needs of a diverse employee population. Employees and their families get quality care at affordable and predictable costs, a partner to help them navigate the healthcare system, and a great member experience.
With offices in Buffalo, NY, Denver, CO, New York City and Stamford, CT, Centivo is backed by leading investors including B Capital Group, Bain Capital Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Company Ventures, Define Ventures, F-Prime Capital, HarbourVest Partners, Ingleside Investors, Maverick Ventures, Nassau Street Ventures (an AVG fund), Oxeon Investments, and Rand Capital.
Open roles include:
• Responsible for the delivery of an entire software project or part of a project, including design, implementation, testing, and documentation
• Monitor, track, and communicate project status
• Ability to work with Product Management and Solution Management on refining business requirements and creating technical requirements, test cases, design specifications, and development tasks
• Develop and test software in accordance with requirements, test cases, and design documentation
• Guarantee the compliances of the QA rules and guidelines
• Document developed software applications and tools
• Deliver defined parts of a project, including design, implementation, testing, integration (in-house), and documentation
• Maintain and fix bugs
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
• Experience in investigating issues in production environments
• Maintain an awareness of new technologies and their applicability to improving the framework and business
• Provide guidance and best practices to implementation projects
Preferred Technical Knowledge
• Hands-on knowledge developing AWS cloud-based (Azure, GCP is a plus) SaaS (Software as a Service) application and platform.
• Object-oriented analysis, design, programming, and component-based development
• Customer service-oriented attitude, top-notch time management, and quality-driven designs.
• Experience with React JS, React Native, Node.js, Spring, Hibernate, HTML5, CSS, SQL, XML, JMS, Linux operating systems, relational and document-oriented databases (DynamoDB is a plus).
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies preferred.
• Deep understanding of Java and Node.js Web technologies JSF/JSP, jQuery, AngularJS
• Extensive experience developing infrastructure as code using AWS technologies (Jenkins, Sonar, is a plus)
• Demonstrated ability in designing, implementing, and delivering high performance and complex Java EE solutions
• In-depth knowledge and development experience of HTML 5 and React-based user interfaces
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Stack Software Development
• Strong Node.js and Java (SE, EE) Skills
• Enterprise frameworks: EJB, JPA, JMS, Web Services
• SQL programming
• Understanding of Relational and Document based database concepts, architecture, and SQL programming
• Excellent skills in problem solving and communication
• Deep knowledge of application integration
• Experience in a commercial software development environment
• Knowledge in OO-Design and architectures
• Software design and development experience with web-based user interfaces