Established in 1933, Walpole Outdoors manufactures and installs distinctive, architectural landscape products and structures that extend the comforts of a home. Products include a broad range of AZEK® (cellular PVC) and Northern White Cedar products including fence, gates, pergolas, railings, arbors, exterior home and garden décor, and much, much more.
The programmer will work closely with the Vice President of Manufacturing and Manufacturing Process Improvement Manager to ensure all jobs are drawn up properly and distributed to the CNC Machine operators. The Programmer will ensure the projects are broken down properly and each piece will have a set blueprint for the CNC machine to produce.
· Review all scheduled jobs and print all new tickets and drawings daily
· Break down the project into individual parts and analyze how to get them cut by the CNC machine
· Works efficiently and accurately to get the product turn around at Walpole Standards
· Use CAD program to produce blueprints for each part of the product
Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
Skills and Qualifications
· Proven experience as CNC operator
· Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
· Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
· Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
· A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
· Good communication abilities
· Builder experience preferred.
· Strong skills in carpentry
· Efficient Blueprint reading skills
If you take pride in your work and want to become part of a unique team of industry leaders in a stable, long-lasting company, this may be the place for you. We have been in business for over 80 years and we offer a full benefit package.
The pay rate listed is based on experience and will be adjusted accordingly for the right candidate.