TITLE: Senior Program Manager, Programs
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Community Partnerships
SUPERVISES: Program Managers (2)
STATUS: Exempt, salaried, full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
Working at All Chicago:
On an average night in 2019, nearly 5,300 people could be found on our streets and in our shelters. Tens of thousands more are just one unexpected setback away from joining them. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago strengthens our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, non-profit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
The Senior Program Manager (SPM), Programs and Contracts is a key member of the Community Partnership team. All of All Chicago’s work is done in close collaboration with partner agencies, and these relationships are contractually governed through grants, subgrants or contracts. The SPM is primarily responsible for managing these partnership relationships and the related grants, subcontracts, or contracts, and supervising the supporting team. Thus, the SPM must have excellent relationship, management, and organization skills along with knowledge of budgets, compliance, and monitoring. Additionally, the SPM will be responsible for working on other special projects related to All Chicago’s role as the Collaborative Applicant and lead on the CoC Implementation Structure.
Grants and Contract Administration – 60%
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting the development of a compliance and monitoring team and program for All Chicago programs, and the Chicago Continuum of Care.
- Oversee, manage and administer the grants and partner contracting process for All Chicago’s housing and Expedited Housing Initiative programs using an Active Contract Management approach, which includes:
- Writing and disseminating request for subgrants and contracts;
- Developing grant and contract budgets in collaboration with the Finance team.
- Negotiating and approving contract terms;
- Working across teams to execute final contracts;
- Regularly review reports and contractors’ performance;
- Monitor spending and reconcile with grant and contract budget;
- Assessing contract performance and communicating contract performance issues to partner agencies;
- Coordinating with the finance team on financial monitoring;
- Support the team to monitor and evaluate contractors, including the development and delivery of technical assistance, training and other capacity building activities;
- Manage contract amendments, renewals and closeouts; and
- Keep records of the contract and its fulfilment.
- Work across teams and departments to prepare monthly, quarterly, annual reports to funders in accordance with grant/contract guidelines.
- Assisting the Program Managers and Vice President of Community Partnerships with managing relationships with subcontracted CoC partners.
- Maintain records and ensure processes are in place to accurately report to funders on a regular basis
- Manage processes for CoC Program Compliance and performance, which includes overseeing the process for evaluating projects, conducting file reviews, coordinating with the finance department on financial monitoring, reviewing project-level data and identifying capacity building opportunities.
- Serving as a liaison between All Chicago programs and our funders, which include the Chicago Department of Family and Support Services, and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Collaborate with the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) team to address both internal and provider level data needs, providing subject matter expertise to guide how data should be pulled and interpreted as needed.
System Performance and Capacity Building, Technical Assistance and Training – 15%
- Work with and across teams to regularly review system and program performance metrics to identify and deliver capacity building, technical assistance and training projects.
- Ensure the Learning Center is strategically aligned with CoC system goals, All Chicago’s contract compliance and performance goals, and All Chicago’s strategic plan.
- Support CoC and All Chicago efforts to engage community around performance metrics, including the support and staffing of CoC Board Committees, or other workgroups as necessary.
Special Projects – 15%
- Oversee and project manage special projects to advance the CoC’s efforts to prevent and end homelessness as needed. This may include staffing CoC Implementation Structure or CoC Board committees and workgroups.
- Support the annual response to the HUD CoC NOFA.
Administration and Other Activities – 10%
- Lead, mentor, and supervise assigned staff and interns. Conduct supervision sessions with direct reports, prepare three-month probationary evaluation reports for new hires and twelve-month performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Write position descriptions and lead the hiring, and if necessary, disciplinary and other personnel actions in accord with personnel policies, for all direct reports.
- Serve as an agency leader and liaison between the Community Partnerships team and other departments, especially Finance and Strategy and Innovation.
- Work closely with the VP of Community Partnerships to oversee the development and implementation of the Community Partnerships’ team’s strategic plan objectives and ensure they are in alignment with the organization and direct reports’ workplan.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, and partners in written, oral and in-person communication in both groups and at public events.
- Develop and manages a high performing team, ensuring succession plans are in place.
- Think creatively in the development, design, and creation of new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, and support.
- Actively participates in department, committee, and staff meetings.
- Assists with All Chicago events and other activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.