Maintain the golf course and the grounds surrounding. Responsible for keeping the golf course in a playable condition at all times. Golf maintenance including mowing, trimming, top dressing, treating turf, maintenance of bunkers, hole changing, hedge trimming and general maintenance.
Essential job functions:
- Maintain course accessibility and appearance using power and hand tools to perform duties such as: mowing, weeding, edging, course setup, raking sand traps, blowing, sod installation, planting trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Maintain course accessibility and appearance using tools and/or chemicals to perform activities such as: weed abatement, pest control, irrigation, cultivation and drainage repair
- Maintain the appearance and functionality of each hole by changing the cups, tee markers and tee towels, emptying trash and maintaining ball washers
- Operate and maintain utility vehicles and equipment, following company safety standards and manufacturer’s recommendations
- Operates tractor to till, cultivate, and grade new turf areas, to apply prescribed amounts of lime, fertilizer, insecticide, and fungicide, and to mow rough and fairway areas at designated cut, exercising care not to injure turf or shrubs.
- Operates hand or power mower to cut turf on green and tee areas.
- Connects hose and sprinkler systems at designated points on course to irrigate turf.
- Digs and rakes ground to prepare new greens, grades and cleans traps, and repairs roadbeds.
- Plants, trims, and sprays trees and shrubs.
- Follows safety regulations
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk and crouch
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift overhead and push/pull, move lighter objects.
- The co-worker can be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wildlife such as snakes, scorpions, spiders, bees and hornets
- Knowledge of the general game of golf helpful.
- Must be able to operate trucks and motorized equipment necessary for golf course maintenance, and have the ability to work independently.
- Requires ability to frequently lift/move up to 50 lbs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the co-worker. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.