Connect for Health Colorado has a great opportunity for a Product Owner. The Product Owner is responsible for acting as the voice of the customer by setting the goals, functional needs and priority for their assigned scrum team. The role will be responsible for daily prioritization of deliverables and requirements, risk mitigation and communication with the business and scrum teams.
Connect for Health Colorado is the state-based health insurance marketplace and support network that allows individuals, families and small employers to compare and purchase health plans from companies including the major health plans in the state in a convenient way. We provide high quality customer assistance by phone and in person, as well as access to federal financial assistance to reduce the cost of health insurance. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado.
• Responsible for partnering with business analysts to author and approve Epics and user stories, determine downstream and operational impacts as well as advocate for product needs in Agile ceremonies. Ensure requirements meet business, policy, compliance and technical expectations.
• Refine and prioritize backlog including user stories, tasks and bugs.
• Responsible for setting sprint goals and communicating the functional needs of customers and stakeholders.
• Responsible for informing and executing the product roadmap based on user needs, business objectives, and organizational priorities.
• Responsible for synchronizing with other Product Owners to identify product dependencies and ensure coordinated development efforts.
• Assist with consumer and stakeholder research to inform functional requirements and epic prioritization
• Adhere to and advocate for established agile principles with stakeholders and scrum teams.
• Support project management processes including stakeholder training and communication, risk management, status updates and project plans.
• Plan for upcoming releases by assigning work and coordinating efforts to assure deadlines are met and functionality is not missed
• Provide subject matter expertise on cross-functional projects and policy/business decisions.
• Identify, communicate, and support opportunities for improvement in agile and operational processes.
• Assist production support team in identifying and triaging production issues and work with scrum team to resolve.
• Attend all scrum team ceremonies and lead planning and execution of increment/sprint planning events.
• Define minimum viable product by determining what is in and out of scope at the user story and epic levels
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect
for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. Hiring range for this position is $85,000 to $107,000.
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.