Employee Work Profile and Job Description
Position Title: Clinical Care Specialist
Full Time: Yes
Reports to: Program Director or Clinical Supervisor
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Dover, Delaware
Description of Position
This member of the multidisciplinary team has the responsibility to carry out rehabilitation and support functions and assist in treatment. Provides individual support, substance abuse services, family support, services linkage, daily living skills support, assistance with self-administration of medication, employment support, social-leisure support, and other activities as assigned under the supervision of a mental health professional.
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Clinical Knowledge: Possesses understanding of assessment and intervention skills, specifically evidence-based practices. Implementation of these skills is done in a professional manner.
• Problem-Solving: The ability to identify a problem, or to identify situations that could lead to problems, in an effort to intervene quickly and effectively. This may not involve resolving the issue alone, only recognizing the problem, and demonstrating sound judgment by gathering and analyzing information
• Critical Reasoning: Excellent observation skills and the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions, as well as extracting themes or patterns from seemingly unrelated pieces of information
• Communication: Ability to convey complicated clinical and professional information to various audiences, in both written and oral form. Understanding the context in which information exists, and the ability to temper opinions diplomatically, all in an effort to model mature, positive, and appropriate behavior. Written communication is edited for spelling and grammar, and presents numerical and scientific data appropriately in clear, concise, and accurate manner.
• Adaptability: Quickly adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing interests, and demonstrates the ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
• Stress Tolerance: Recognizes crisis situations and reacts to such in a calm, mature, professional manner. Accepts criticism and feedback, and is able to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
• Intermittent standing, sitting, walking, and driving.
This job description is not designed to over or contain a comprehensive list of activities or responsibilities that are required of the employee, and may be site-specific. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.