We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our Product team and lead the UX practice at ALTR across our entire product portfolio. User experience is fundamental to our product approach and success, and our ideal candidate has a track record of success in researching, designing, and launching software products. Other things that are the keys to success in this role:
- The idea of working to build a product and company from the ground up sounds like hard work but really exciting.
- Figuring things out in an ambiguous environment sounds more interesting than optimizing things inside of an established structure.
- You are interested in not just solving difficult problems in UX, you are interested in owning how you solve those problems.
- You like to use your broad skill set across all of UX to realize your vision effectively.
- Working independent of heavy direction or oversight is your preferred work style.
- You are a strong teacher and constant learner.
- Writing and communications is a strength.
As ALTR grows in 2021, you’ll be asked to:
- Act as lead and maintain primary accountability for the quality of the user experience in ALTR software products
- Distill customer, prospect, partner, and internal stakeholder feedback to evolve the user experience with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Partner with product management to keep the imminent backlog well-defined from a design perspective
- Produce wire frames and associated design documents for engineering and work closely with them to ensure accurate implementations of UX
- Conduct regular market and usability research to understand how to better solve UX problems in the software
- Define, manage, and improve the UX design process to best meet the needs of the market and to efficiently ship high quality work as part of product releases
- Mentor and manage junior UX designers to add depth to our UX capabilities and consistency across the product
- Be an advocate for UX design inside of the product team and company, educating and supporting the importance of UX with leadership and across teams
- Advice on the broader definition of UX, including the usability of website, documentation, and other aspects of the user experience that aren’t necessarily inside of the product’s boundaries.
This role will include some travel to be face-to-face with customers and to visit other teams in ALTR’s various U.S. offices. There will be ample opportunity to shape your own job to focus on what you enjoy as we grow.
If you see yourself in this description and the work sounds diverse and interesting, we can’t wait to talk to you. We are extremely excited about the opportunity that lies before us at ALTR and we’re looking for more great people to help us make the most of it.
ALTR provides Data Security as a Service that enables the data-driven enterprise to understand consumption of sensitive data, to control that consumption in real time, and to protect data when it is not being consumed. Built in the cloud for the cloud, ALTR’s platform makes it easy to get up and running quickly, with no code and pre-built integrations. We are headquartered in Austin, Texas with operations across the U.S.