Lowers Risk Group provides comprehensive enterprise risk management solutions to organizations operating in high-risk, highly regulated environments valuing risk mitigation. Join the software development team of one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in the U.S.! Celebrating our 7th year on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies. This achievement puts Lowers Risk Group in rarefied company with organizations such as Microsoft, Timberland, Vizio, Intuit, Chobani, Oracle, and Zappos.com.
As a Software QA Analyst, you will ensure the quality of the software through manual and automated testing. This position requires close collaboration within the team throughout the development process. Additionally, you will perform analysis of business needs while supporting an agile software development lifecycle.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US. Visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, Regression) in order to verify that the software functions according to user requirements and established guidelines.
• Apply quality engineering principals throughout the Agile product lifecycle.
• Collaborate closely and communicate effectively with other team members and departments.
• Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies
• Write, review, revise, and verify test cases.
• Provide supporting documentation for change requests and release communication.
• Attend and participate in Change Review Board (CRB) meetings and other meetings as required.
• Support Help Desk Associates as needed in order to troubleshoot production issues.
• Perform automated testing as part of the normal development process
o Minimum: High school diploma
o Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in IT and/or Technical Writing field
o Minimum: One year of experience in one of the following areas – Any LRG business, Help Desk Associate or Software Quality Assurance.
o Preferred: One or more years of experience in Help Desk Associate and Software Quality Assurance.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position:
• Technical capacity
• Good time-management skills and the ability to prioritize work at hand
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on LRG’s success
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team Player
Typical work hours are 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, overtime may be required
• Visual acuity. Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities including viewing a computer monitor and extensive reading and analyzing of data.
• Sedentary work. Must be able to sit for an extended period covering the duration of work shift hours.
• Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
• Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
• Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Lowers Risk Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled veteran or other veteran, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
AT WILL EMPLOYMENT:
Lowers Risk Group is an “At Will” employer and nothing within the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Lowers Risk Group reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply the job description in any way the company desires and the job description is not a contract for employment.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.