Job Summary: The role of the Machine Operator is to operate Sierra Bullets jacket trim machines, draw presses, and bullet presses efficiently within a production work center.
Essential Functions of the Job (listed in order of importance):
1. Work safety at all times.
2. Strictly adhere to all Company SOPs and policies.
3. Operate assigned production machines to established standards of quality, and productivity.
4. Provide clear and consistent communication to the Work-Center Lead, Production Lead, and Production Manager regarding all activity and issues relating to the assigned production machines.
5. Accurately report all production related information on a timely basis using computer or manual form.
Marginal Job Functions: (if applicable)
1. Work closely with individuals at all levels of the company to continuously improve Quality Cost, and Delivery.
PAY IS $15 PER HOUR
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Ability to work with and communicate well with others.
2. Ability to use metrology equipment such as scales, calipers, and micrometers.
3. Working knowledge of decimals, fractions, and basic mathematics.
4. Ability to perform tool and machine part adjustments.
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Score of 45 or higher on the Bennett Mechanical Aptitude Test.
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Able to lift 30lbs.
2. Able to stand, twist, stoop, kneel, and bend for long periods of time.
Experience Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Mechanical background.
2. Manufacturing of some sort.