Our Client helps deliver top technical solutions and talent in industries like transportations, energy, insurance, banking, and healthcare. They help accelerate digital transformation and modernize infrastructure as technology evolves.
The Network Engineer will be part of the Network Delivery Team and work closely with the client IT stakeholders. This position is responsible to provide support for the delivery of multi-site enterprise and data center network environments; including network equipment physical deployment at client’s data center and implementation and troubleshooting of network and security infrastructure technologies and solutions.
Note: The is a temporary remote position in Manila, Philippines with occasional visits to Manila Data. (6-month contract renewable up to 18 months)
- Provide support for the delivery of multi-site enterprise and data center network environments; including network equipment physical deployment at client’s data center
- Implementation and troubleshooting of network and security infrastructure technologies and solutions.
- Assist development of project contingency plans and continually improve services and processes to ensure maximum performance and scalability.
- Maintain LAN/WAN network, connectivity between all datacenters; contact vendors to establish connectivity; deploy and configure routers, switches, and security firewalls.
- Provide remote hands to the Network Delivery team at the client site.
- Assist in general security policy evaluation, incident response planning, and general awareness.
- Other related duties as required.
- 3-5 years’ minimum experience in the configuration of Cisco routers and switches.
- AIX / IBM Server Experience (Required)
- Unix/Linux experience (Required)
- Must be accustomed to working in a data center with 500+ servers
- Ability to support Server Farm projects and services requiring Network infrastructure at client sites.
- Ability to support the Network infrastructure DR planning, vulnerability testing, and operational standards development to ensure infrastructure is operated, maintained, and secured to best industry practices and defined capacity standards under a consistent approach.
- Proficiency in coordinating with clients to manage Network Infrastructure Change, Incident, and Problem process. Ensure this process covers all works and is integrated with the company and Client processes.
- 9 AM to 5 PM Manila Time (GMT +8)
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hours a day.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects
Building upon more than ten thousand successful placements and decades of unparalleled success in the financial services and legal sectors, MOGEL represents the next generation of Strategic Professional Recruiting and Advisory Services. We've engineered a more efficient model. It's powered by the latest technology and tools, but grounded in Best Practices and core values that are nothing less than Old School in the right ways for the right reasons.
From Retained or Contingency Search, needs driven by Mergers and Acquisitions, a full range of Interim and Temporary solutions, and customized Candidate Representation and guidance, at MOGEL we're committed to doing it right and doing it better. At our core are relationships characterized by doing whatever it takes to ensure success and satisfaction.
MOGEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MOGEL does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.