SUMMARY: Assists in administering all duties and projects that come under the responsibility of the wholesale sales department. This position reports directly to the Wholesale Operations Manager.
- Coordinate project-based work with the ability to manage multiple projects and successfully bring them to completion.
- Maintain filing systems for easy and confidential access to reports and correspondence both digitally and hard copies.
- Keep contact database of clients and key trade contacts up to date and accessible to all members of the wholesale team.
- Maintain entry of competitive and market information and ongoing updates as directed.
- Support Trade Relations Specialist with wholesale new vintage releases.
- Mailing/e-mailing of sales materials.
- Create price sheets.
- Order office supplies for ongoing needs and in preparation for sales mailings/initiatives.
- Arrange samples and schedule remote tastings.
- Organize internal and client meetings and conference calls for wholesale team ensuring all parties are informed of and kept abreast of schedule awareness.
- Takes and distributes accurate notes at meetings and on team conference calls.
- Compose, type, and distribute professional correspondence and memoranda, emails, and faxes, using individual initiative.
- Coordinate meeting and event logistics.
- Manage travel schedules, hotel bookings, on-site meals, restaurant reservations, meeting logistics and agendas.
- Negotiate and communicate corporate room rates for company bookings at local hotels.
- Confirm travel arrangements for management as requested.
- Coordinate and communicate travel arrangements for internal staff and external marketing partners for trade tours and events.
Sales & Trade Relations Duties:
- Schedule Virtual Tasting events and arrange samples.
- Maintain and communicate master Trade Marketing calendar.
- Responsible for communication of upcoming marketplace events to marketing team for website updates.
- Coordinates event preparation details such as: event registration forms and coordinates shipment of samples & marketing materials in collaboration with Trade Relations Specialist.
- Consolidates and distributes monthly Wholesale Sales Report
- Communicates and follows up on interdepartmental development ideas suggested within.
- Biweekly Wine Searcher reporting.
- Prepare and arrange distributor, importer and other presentations when assigned.
- Support International / National Account Coordinator on compliance work with Regional Sales Managers.
- Serve as Account Maintenance coordinator.
- Provide merchandise logistics support to Wholesale Operations Manager, such as inventory monitoring, PO creation and receiving, and product inspection.
- Host visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work at trade tastings, events and accounts pouring wine as a brand ambassador.
- Complete expense reports for VP of Sales and as requested by management; ensure that correct account codes are used and required signatures obtained.
- Ensure prompt and courteous answering and managing of incoming calls.
- This position will be cross trained in all FOB and International sales support activities to be able to support and cover during busy times of the year, vacations, or as needed.
- Conduct and participate in virtual Teams or Zoom meetings.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commitment to the highest level of honesty and confidentiality, excellence, and high standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Excel skills and fast and accurate typing skills highly desired.
- Computer literate and able to learn multiple CRM and ERP systems. High data entry requirement.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse set of individuals at all organizational levels, creative and innovative team player.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of office equipment.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work in an open work environment with regular distraction.
- Busy office environment.
- Ability to work remotely.