SUMMARY: Support all vineyard production and facility equipment during normal operations, perform preventive maintenance on all equipment, and maintain facilities in top condition in Sonoma and Napa counties.
• Routinely inspects, maintains, and services all vineyard equipment, shop equipment and vehicles, including but not limited to trucks, forklifts, loaders, tractors and implements at all vineyard locations.
• Performs minor and routine repairs including but not limited to welding, cutting, fabrication, painting, plumbing and electrical wiring.
• Irrigation/Frost Protection system maintenance and repair.
• Will assist in frost protection duties.
• Loads and transports a variety of farming equipment to various locations. Picks-up and delivers parts and supplies to all locations.
• During harvest, will weigh, load and haul grapes and/or other commodities to various wineries and facilities.
• Creates and maintains up-to-date service and replacement records for building equipment, vehicles, and machinery. Maintains BIT program records for class A and B vehicles.
• Inspects buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
• Communicates needs for major repairs or additions to equipment inventory to appropriate manager. Makes recommendations to the vineyard manager for upgrades or cost savings to maintenance operations and/or equipment.
• Coordinates major repairs with outside vendors, as necessary.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of mechanical training or certification program preferred.
• One to two years related experience or equivalent.
• Clean DMV, Class A with doubles endorsement or Class C with willingness to upgrade to Class A within 90 days of hire date.
• Specific knowledge concerning the repair and maintenance of vineyard/construction equipment, (tractors, trailers, diesel engines, forklifts, grape harvesters, etc.)
• Knowledgeable in various maintenance skills such as welding, plumbing, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and industrial maintenance repairs/procedures.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
• Bilingual English/Spanish skills a plus.
• Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Experience reading and using equipment manuals, equipment drawings and electrical schematics to diagnose and resolve equipment problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Lift and carry up to and above 75 pounds.
• Use ladders and scaffolds.
• Work at heights and in inclement weather.
• Work near moving machinery parts, heavy machinery parts and tools, hoists, etc.
• Exposure to gasoline, diesel, lubricants, gases appropriate during welding operations.
• Noise levels are frequently moderate to loud.
• Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Heat and cold exposure and long hours during peak seasons of harvest and frost.
• Work is often performed outdoors in a vineyard. The individual may encounter vines that have been treated with pesticides and fungicides as well as weeds that have been sprayed with herbicides in accordance with all local state and federal regulations.
• Frequent travel between vineyard locations in Sonoma, Mendocino and Napa Counties.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.