Sr. Laboratory Engineer
Excellent innovative environment with great family-oriented culture.
Come work as an Sr. Laboratory Engineer a growing company that offers great
benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business leaders.
Cormetech is a global leader in providing the highest quality and highest performing environmental technology. Our main goal? It’s to help ensure our environment is full of clean, unpolluted air. Our products and processes improve air quality for coal and gas-fired power plants. We just don’t stop there though. Our innovative development team is reaching the marine, refinery, and even petrochemical markets. We take our responsibility and service we provide seriously.
We are looking for a full time Sr. Laboratory Engineer for our Durham , NC facility who is dedicated to safety, quality & environmental impacts, self-motivated, and an excellent communicator. The ideal candidate can:
- Maintain all laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Coordinate all equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Lead or support all process and equipment upgrades.
- Provides engineering and process improvement support to all test reactors, XRF operations, and quality testing areas.
- Identification and implementation of innovative improvements which result in efficiency, reliability, and test quality improvements for these operations.
- Monitor all software performance in the laboratory/quality and work closely with IT to troubleshoot issues.
- Improvements in safety, equipment design, operations, or upgrades of the mechanical and control systems.
- Be involved in the design and implementation of new reactor systems and management of capital projects.
- Project management skills will be required to successfully meet critical deadlines.
- Engineer must work collaboratively with others in the facility, but much of the work is independent and self-directed.
If you are positive, energetic, with a go-getter attitude, you are who we are looking for!
This position will be housed in our Durham NC manufacturing facility. Our city is the fifth-largest city in the state and the home of Duke University. Durham is home to comfortable climates, top-notch educational institutions and healthcare facilities, recreational opportunities, and friendly people.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent benefit package.
- Growth and advancement opportunities.
- Goal Sharing program.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Family-oriented environment.
- BS in Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a laboratory, R&D, or a related position.
- Experience in process development, or engineering
- Experience in equipment repair and maintenance
- Experience in project management
- MS Office
Strongly preferred requirements:
- Electrical troubleshooting, and safety training (strongly preferred)
- Experience with equipment control systems such as PLC, iFIX, SCADA (strongly preferred)
- Experience with maintenance and operation of analytical equipment such as FT-IR, IC, and UV/VIS (strongly preferred)
- Experience with CAD or Solid Works, (strongly preferred)
- Experience with Calibrations and PM schedules (strongly preferred)
- Experience with Inventory Management (strongly preferred)
- Root Cause Analysis training (strongly preferred)
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.