Laboratory Technician (2nd Shift)
Excellent innovative environment with great family-oriented culture.
Come work as an Laboratory Technician a growing company that offers great
benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business leader.
Cormetech is a global leader in providing the highest quality and highest performing environmental technology. Our main goal? It’s to help ensure our environment is full of clean, unpolluted air. Our products and processes improve air quality for coal and gas-fired power plants. We just don’t stop there though. Our innovative development team is reaching the marine, refinery, and even petrochemical markets. We take our responsibility and service we provide seriously.
We are looking for a full time Laboratory Technician (2nd Shift) for our Durham , NC facility who is dedicated to safety, quality & environmental impacts, self-motivated, and an excellent communicator. The ideal candidate can:
- Maintain all laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Operate several gas & coal reactors.
- Lead or support all process and equipment upgrades.
- Preparation of catalyst samples, loading and unloading reactors, operation or reactors.
- Collections and analysis of gas samples. Handling of compressed gas cylinders.
- Summarization of data. Data collection reporting must be accurate and neat.
- Able to meet critical deadlines.
- Provide logistical and inspection work of all incoming samples
- Technician must work collaboratively with others in the laboratory as well as work with other departments, but much of the work is independent and self-directed.
If you are positive, energetic, with a go-getter attitude, you are who we are looking for!
This position will be housed in our Durham NC manufacturing facility. Our city is the fifth-largest city in the state and the home of Duke University. Durham is home to comfortable climates, top-notch educational institutions and healthcare facilities, recreational opportunities, and friendly people.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent benefit package
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Goal Sharing program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family-oriented environment
- Satisfy all certification requirements for operation of the reactors and all testing and monitoring equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently.
- Know and follow all procedures for the preparation of catalyst samples, loading of the reactors, setting and verifying of reactor operating conditions, collection of samples and data from the reactor, analysis of gas samples, recording of analytical data, and unloading of reactor.
- Set up tests based on conditions provided on Laboratory Request Forms (LRF’s) and identify unusual conditions or settings which require attention from laboratory staff.
- Use knowledge and experience to solve many of the minor problems and issues that arise during operation of the reactor.
- Operator reactor and associated equipment, such as gas analyzers, FTIR, and chromatographs, properly and safely.
- Perform wet chemistry operations (such as workups for determination of NH3, SO2, and SO3) with good technique
- Perform some routine maintenance procedures and generally maintain reactors and equipment in an orderly and careful manner.
- Know and perform reactor and instrument checks, audits or calibrations as required
- Promptly report unusual issues and problems that arise while performing job functions
- Use the reactors as efficiently as possible by carefully planning work and job tasks for a shift at the start of the shift
- Assist in performance of special work on the reactor
- Make improvement suggestions.
- B.S. or A.S. in a scientific, engineering, or other technical field (Several years of related technical or laboratory experience and many armed forces technical specialties provide excellent foundation for this work)
- 0 to 2 years of work experience in a laboratory position
- Mechanical skills sufficient to solve minor problems with equipment such as test instruments, sample trains, pumps, meters, electrical problems, and computer operations
- Ability to operate and care for laboratory analytical instruments, including FTIR, chemiluminescence analyzers, and chromatographs
- Ability to understand use and function of complex spreadsheets and to input data to them in an accurate and appropriate way
- Ability to communicate effectively with others regarding work issues and problems
- Initiative to plan and execute work efficiently and perform it accurately
- Ability to lift a 40-pound load to a height of five feet and to handle moves and connections of compressed gas cylinders.
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.