Andy's Sprinklers is seeking an energetic, motivated and positive person to fill our available Crew Worker
position. The Crew Worker is responsible to assist Service Technicians/Crew Leaders in the field on the installation of lawn sprinkler systems, drainage systems, low-voltage lighting systems.
- A positive/optimistic attitude, great team member
- Able to communicate with co-workers to build trust and value
- Be on time and dependable
- Be flexible, agreeable and adaptable to change
- Verifies that tools and parts are complete and in good working condition on truck daily
- Assist in Troubleshooting underground automatic sprinkler/ irrigation systems, landscape lighting and drainage.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both verbal and written about irrigation, lighting and drainage problem and solutions with the Crew Leader, Technician and/or Manager
- Performs repairs to our high quality standards
- Cleans up job site and makes sure that customer is 100% satisfied before leaving any job site
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of Andy’s Sprinkler, Drainage and Lighting
- May train and/or mentor ride-a-longs in troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair of underground electric sprinkler/irrigation systems, lighting and drainage.
- Keeps at all times a clean work area and up to date inventory
- Motivates and uplifts his/her team workers
- Keeps van/truck well stocked and organized, assists with general vehicle maintenance
Most sprinkler system laborers and helpers always work full time and do physically demanding work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to bend and stoop while maintaining in-ground system.
- Ability to frequently move supplies up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift weight consisting of 95 pounds.
- Ability to work in extreme weather.
- Ability to work long hours during peak season.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – until the project is completed.
In addition, this position may be required to come into work earlier than regular working hours, on weekends, holidays and in emergency situations (i.e., may be subject to “on-call” responsibilities).
Travel is primarily locally during the business day
Health Insurance, Dental and Vision (according to company policy)
Simple IRA Retirement Saving (after one year of full time employment)
Paid National Holidays