Salary Range $43K - $47K
Excellent innovative environment with great family-oriented culture.
Come work as an Analytical Scientist a growing company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business leaders.
Cormetech is a global leader in providing the highest quality and highest performing environmental technology. Our main goal? It’s to help ensure our environment is full of clean, unpolluted air. Our products and processes improve air quality for coal and gas-fired power plants. We just don’t stop there though. Our innovative development team is reaching the marine, refinery, and even petrochemical markets. We take our responsibility and service we provide seriously.
This position will be housed in our Durham NC manufacturing facility. Our city is the fifth-largest city in the state and the home of Duke University. Durham is home to comfortable climates, top-notch educational institutions and healthcare facilities, recreational opportunities, and friendly people.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent benefit package
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Goal Sharing program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family-oriented environment
We are looking for a full time Analytical Scientist for our Durham , NC facility who is dedicated to safety, quality & environmental impacts, self-motivated, and an excellent communicator. The ideal candidate can:
- Provide scientific expertise and support the lab operations.
- Validation of new processes and instrumentation.
- Proficient in instruments that support all operations of the Pilot, Bench and Micro Reactors.
- Knowledgeable in the following equipment: FTIR, IC, AA, UV-Vis, Laser diffraction particle size analysis, ICP and chemiluminescence technology.
- Able to meet critical deadlines.
- Candidate must work collaboratively with others in the laboratory as well as work with other departments, but much of the work is independent and self-directed.
If you are positive, energetic, with a go-getter attitude, you are who we are looking for!
- Actively participate in the implementation of new analytical instrumentation and procedures: ensuring their timely delivery to the lab operations
- Collaborate with operational leaders to assess new technologies and feasibility
- Responsible for performing validation of new analytical processes and procedures in compliance with SCR testing rules and regulations
- Write validation documents and SOPs related to new instrumentation and procedures
- Support and train operational staff on newly implemented processes and instrumentation
- Perform complex troubleshooting and participates in initiatives to solve challenging scientific problems
- Effectively manages scientific vendor relationships to troubleshoot issues and improve capabilities
- Conduct laboratory and topical research pertinent to projects
- Conduct experiments and studies and assesses outcome
- Presents data and summarizes conclusions in clear written technical reports and effective oral presentations to customers and professional groups
- May supervise technicians and/or other researchers in the operation of experiments
- Apply and interpret scientific theories, concepts, techniques and regulatory requirements within SCR catalyst testing and accepts leadership role in developing and qualifying scientific approaches
- Know and follow all safety rules.
- A four-year degree in the field of Biology, Physics or Chemistry or related scientific discipline
- Ability to communicate effectively with others regarding work issues and problems
- Initiative to plan and execute work efficiently and perform it accurately
- Demonstrate problem prevention, detection and resolution skills
- Ability to function as constructive member of a team
- Innovative mindset, demonstrated by challenging conventional wisdom and methods, and applying new methodologies; seeking and piloting new tools; creating innovative thinking among teammates
- Ability to perform data analysis and DOEs to drive improvement and process qualifications
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.