The goal of the Business Development Manager is to help RP3 drive revenue growth in the Government sector. The role’s critical function is to lead initiatives that develop and execute winning strategies in support of the growth goal. The BD Manager will work closely with the Head of Business Development and other key stakeholders and will lead cross-functional teams in pursuit of new business that, over each pursuit’s life cycle, increases the probability of winning the business for RP3.
We are currently looking for either a consultant, part-time or full-time role depending on the right candidate
- In collaboration with RP3’s Federal Contract Consultant and Head of Business Development, implement the strategic and tactical plans that support the agency’s Federal growth plan.
- Works alongside the Head of Business Development, Executive Team, and leaders in the agency to understand RP3’s services. This includes developing a deep understanding of our capabilities, our industry’s state, and how to position us to win and succeed in the Federal sector. Contribute to capability statements, website content, and marketing materials to improve the visibility and recognition of RP3’s unique expertise.
- Support and assist the GSA Schedule.
- Works closely with RP3’s Federal Contract Consultant, Head of Business Development, Executive Team, and leaders in the agency when managing the Federal pipeline from identification through contract award. Leads the capture process and contributes to proposal creation by effectively managing internal/external resources.
- Identifies, researches, and supports the response to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Sources Sought notices issued by the Federal Government.
- Researches and identifies potential teaming partners and develops relationships, partnerships, and teaming agreements in pursuit of potential opportunities.
- Participates in Industry Days, relevant associations, and networking opportunities.
- Performs competitive assessment, risk analysis, and develops Bid/No-Bid recommendations.
- Responsible for entering and updating opportunity data in the company’s BD system.
- Develops, implements, and maintains standard BD processes for opportunity development.
- Writes (or leads the writing of) Federal proposal responses, and prospect communications. Ensures these documents and communications are error-free and documented in our CRM system.
- Assist in the transitions to the Account Leadership and Project Management team once the contract is won.
- B.A. in a related discipline; MBA a plus
- 8+ years of experience selling and winning in Federal Government markets, preferably with advertising agency experience
- Experience with the US Federal buying and procurement processes
- Experience with current industry trends and the competitive environment.
- Experience using betasam.gov, Deltek, GovTribe, BGov or other pipeline development tools, GSA eBuy, FedConnect, usaspending.gov, and other research platforms.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing solicitations.
- Experience with proposal reviews and writing.
- Experience with executing call plans to prospects and teaming partners.
- Experience with capturing and monitoring potential bidding opportunities.
- Experience leading and winning new business pitches, specifically submitting responses to Federal RFI/RFPs
- Experience in developing scorable proposal content that reflects the strengths and differentiators that distinguish the bidder from the competition
- Thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to creatively solve challenges and never stop moving forward
- In-depth knowledge of industry competitors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can write a pitch deck in your sleep
- Experience with WINMO, Hubspot and Workamajig and/or Project Management Tools