Note: Velentium does not currently sponsor work visas or consider candidates in the F1-OPT program.
Velentium is a professional engineering firm, specializing in the design and manufacturing of therapeutic and diagnostic active medical devices. We have experience working with all sizes of clients, ranging from startups seeking seed funding to established Fortune 500 companies. Our mission is to change lives for a better world and by working in the medical device industry we get to do this every day. In 2020 we helped battle COVID-19 by increasing ventilator production (Project V) in order to save lives. You can read more about Project V here: 28 Days to Save the World ( https://hubs.ly/H0sdyvd0 ), An Insider’s Look Into Project V ( https://hubs.li/H0sv6d80 ).
Velentium is fast growing company with a great culture made possible by our incredible staff. We are driven by our values and hire only the best and hardest working individuals who love to continuously learn. The people who thrive at Velentium have an entrepreneurial spirit who love to solve problems and refuse to give up. At Velentium you will not only be valued as an employee but as a person. More than just a job, we want to provide our team members the chance to make a tangible difference in the lives of their families, coworkers, clients, and the people who will use the products that we touch.
At Velentium, we design and integrate technology for a large variety of medical devices that enhance human performance in the face of life limiting conditions. These devices address many different therapies, such as sleep apnea, diabetes, pain management, acid reflux, incontinence, seizure disorders, paralysis, memory loss and many more. The variety of our work and the nature of consulting means you will get the equivalent of three years of exposure for every year you work with us. Let’s do great things together!
We are currently looking for electrical embedded hardware engineers that want to help us change lives.
What Does It Take to Do This Job?
• A fit with Velentium culture: Honor, Results++, Humble Charisma, Velocity, Ingenuity
• A love for, and understanding of, complex electrical systems
• Demonstrated experience that displays an ability to learn and apply new skills
• A demonstrated ability to work alone AND in teams
• An understanding of scrum based development practices
• A desire to thrive in a rapidly changing and quick paced environment
• An attitude of doing whatever it takes to figure out the solution to challenging engineering problems
• Demonstrated experience in electronic design and troubleshooting
• Demonstrated experience in embedded system development and firmware
• Demonstrated experience with electrical design and layout tools: Altium
• Nice to haves: Firmware and FPGA experience, ISO 13485 knowledge, low power MCU experience, BLE experience, software skills (C/C++, Python)
What Will I Do?
• Because we are an engineering services company and a medical device manufacturer, our work varies based on our project load.
• You may be assigned any of the following:
o Design and develop device PCBAs
o Work with systems engineering, customers and project management to specify project requirements and architecture
o Research and develop creative solutions that meet project schedule and specifications
o Design and develop hardware for device test and design validation
o Design and procure electrical test systems and tools
o Develop integration test procedures
o Work with other engineers to implement and troubleshoot test and validation systems
• You might use skills and learn new skills involving many industry tools, such as: Altium, SolidWorks, Firmware IDEs such as Code Composer or Eclipse, Python, etc.
Because Velentium is a consulting firm that performs design and development services for others, your communication skills (spoken and written) must be top-notch. We provide unlimited challenge, a chance to be a part of a stellar team of top performers, and intense variety that grants you a path to continuous learning.
For qualified candidates, there are opportunities for project leadership, travel (including international, if desired), and a chance to immediately contribute (you are not just a number in our small but growing firm). And, we have "big company benefits" because we compete with the biggest of tech firms for candidates like you!
If you feel you are a match - we look forward to hearing from you