Note: Velentium does not currently sponsor work visas or consider candidates in the F1-OPT program.
Velentium is a professional engineering firm, specializing in the design and manufacturing of therapeutic and diagnostic active medical devices. We have experience working with all sizes of clients, ranging from startups seeking seed funding to established Fortune 500 companies. Our mission is to change lives for a better world and by working in the medical device industry we get to do this every day. In 2020 we helped battle COVID-19 by increasing ventilator production (Project V) in order to save lives. You can read more about Project V here: 28 Days to Save the World ( https://hubs.ly/H0sdyvd0 ), An Insider’s Look Into Project V ( https://hubs.li/H0sv6d80 ).
Velentium is fast growing company with a great culture made possible by our incredible staff. We are driven by our values and hire only the best and hardest working individuals who love to continuously learn. The people who thrive at Velentium have an entrepreneurial spirit who love to solve problems and refuse to give up. At Velentium you will not only be valued as an employee but as a person. More than just a job, we want to provide our team members the chance to make a tangible difference in the lives of their families, coworkers, clients, and the people who will use the products that we touch.
At Velentium, we design and integrate technology for a large variety of medical devices that enhance human performance in the face of life limiting conditions. These devices address many different therapies, such as sleep apnea, diabetes, pain management, acid reflux, incontinence, seizure disorders, paralysis, memory loss and many more. The variety of our work and the nature of consulting means you will get the equivalent of three years of exposure for every year you work with us. Let’s do great things together!
We are currently looking for medical device test engineers that want to help us change lives.
What Does It Take to Do This Job?
• A fit with Velentium culture: Honor, Results, Humility, Charisma, Velocity, Ingenuity
• A love for, and an ability to identify and create simple, yet complete, solutions to device test problems
• Demonstrated project experience that displays an ability to learn and apply new skills
• A demonstrated ability to work alone AND in teams
• A desire to thrive in a rapidly changing and quick paced environment
• An alignment with Velentium values
• An attitude of doing whatever it takes to figure out the solution to challenging engineering problems
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing electrical and mechanical test systems, including automated test software
• Demonstrated system debugging skills, including electrical and software systems
• A passion to create and build things, with your mind and your hands.
• Strong software skills. Python and LabVIEW are the most critical, then C/C++ and C#
• Nice to haves: ISO 13485 knowledge, PCBA design and layout experience, BLE experience
What Will I Do?
• Because we are an engineering services company and a medical device manufacturer, our work varies based on our project load
• Test engineers work with the project team during systems specification and requirements capture through to handoff to manufacturing
• You may be assigned any of the following:
o Develop test requirements and test procedures
o Design, develop and procure electrical test systems
o Develop interface and control software for test systems
o Assemble and troubleshoot automated test systems
o Analyze systems for hazards and fault modes
• Our test engineers use a variety of tools to do their jobs, but you should be prepared to learn new skills and tools to help you more efficiently accomplish your job or fill rolls required in test engineering. New skills might include Altium for PCBA design, electrical schematic drawing tools, etc.
Because Velentium is a consulting firm that performs design and development services for others, your communication skills (spoken and written) must be top-notch. We provide unlimited challenge, a chance to be a part of a stellar team of top performers, and intense variety that grants you a path to continuous learning.
For qualified candidates, there are opportunities for project leadership, travel (including international, if desired), and a chance to immediately contribute (you are not just a number in our small but growing firm). And, we have "big company benefits" because we compete with the biggest of tech firms for candidates like you!
If you feel you are a match - we look forward to hearing from you