Andy's Sprinklers is seeking an energetic, motivated, and positive person to fill our available Service Technician position. The Service Technician position requires the technician to be licensed through TCEQ, to be capable of assessing irrigation, drainage, lighting, Christmas lighting and landscape problems, be capable of installing, operating, and maintaining many types of irrigation, drainage, lighting, Christmas lights and landscape equipment/systems. The Service Technician will work hand in hand with the customer and management to accomplish daily service requests with customer service and quality as the #1 task, along with professionalism, honesty, ethics, integrity, care, friendliness, and individual pride.
- Strong customer service skills and sales experience.
- A positive/optimistic attitude. A great team member.
- Able to communicate with customers and co-workers to build trust and value.
- Be on time and dependable.
- Be flexible, agreeable, and adaptable to change.
- Analyzes schedules and configures travel route efficiently.
- Verifies that tools and parts are complete and in good working condition on truck.
- Troubleshoots underground automatic Sprinkler/ Irrigation Systems, Landscape Lighting, Drainage, Christmas Lighting and Landscape issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information, and respond to questions, both verbal and written, regarding irrigation, lighting, drainage, Christmas lights and landscape.
- Prices out estimate, sells and up-sells products customers need.
- Performs repairs to our high quality standards.
- Issue’s invoice and collects payment on-location at job site.
- Track and Follow-up with collections of your customers, daily.
- Cleans job site and makes sure that customer is 100% satisfied before leaving.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of Andy’s Sprinkler, Drainage and Lighting.
- Communicates effectively with customer, dispatcher and/or manager if ahead or behind schedule.
- May train and/or mentor “ride-a-longs” and summer interns in troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair of underground electric sprinkler/irrigation systems, lighting, drainage, Christmas lights and landscape.
- Always keeps a clean work area and up to date inventory (office, shop, vehicle, and field).
- Motivates and uplifts all employees.
- Daily, able to work with current scheduling/billing software, Bamboo HR, and Nearby Now, and submit “Thank You” cards to customers.
- Keeps van/truck well stocked, organized, and assists with general vehicle maintenance.
- Prepares proposals on larger projects via FE or Word document. Proposals to be emailed out with in 36hrs.
- Assist with projects around the office when time allows.
Service Technician’s work full time and do physically demanding work most of the times outdoors in all weather conditions. As well as in an office environment.
· Ability to bend and stoop while maintaining in-ground system.
· Ability to frequently move supplies up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift weight consisting of 95 pounds.
· Ability to work in extreme weather
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – until the project is completed.
In addition, this position may be required to come into work earlier than regular working hours, on weekends, holidays and in emergency situations (i.e., may be subject to “on-call” responsibilities).
Travel is primarily locally during the business day.
Required Education and Experience
· Highschool Diploma or equivalent
· Knowledge of mechanical and irrigation systems, landscape lighting, drainage is required.
· TCEQ Irrigator/Technician License
Health Insurance, Dental and Vision (according to company policy)
Simple IRA Retirement Saving (after one year of full time employment)
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Paid National Holidays