Construction Materials Technicians work on challenging geotechnical, transportation construction, bridge and roadway projects at various locations. Technicians perform standard soil, asphalt and concrete testing in the field and in our materials testing laboratory.
- Perform soil, concrete and asphalt laboratory testing using approved methods at RockSol laboratory or client’s facility, or in field laboratories.
- Gather, test and log samples of material, ensuring quality in all phases of testing.
- Perform field testing at project sites under construction.
- Interact professionally and positively with client representatives, business partners, and co-workers.
- Adhere to all safety and protective equipment policies, demonstrating safe work practices and completing required safety training.
- Adhere to requirements of Company Quality Management System (QMS).
- Maintain accurate, detailed, legible records (written and electronic) of required testing results.
- Obtain and maintain current certifications as required for position.
- Must be able to safely operate nuclear gauge in accordance with company procedures.
- Must be able to accept guidance and direction from senior personnel.
- Must maintain required qualifications to operate company vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of two years of related experience with demonstrated competence in work assignments.
- Previous experience in soils, asphalt and concrete related lab and field testing on road construction projects.
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record required.
- Ability to travel to project work sites for extended periods as needed.
- Ability to work nontraditional or extended hours as needed.
- Basic computer skills and functionality in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic math skills.
- College coursework in construction management, civil engineering or a related field a plus.
- Current CO certifications in the following areas: nuclear gauge safety, traffic safety, erosion control, CAPA A and B, ACI, WAQTC.
- Familiarity with AASHTO and ASTM testing methods.
- Ability to routinely lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
- Work locations include road construction sites and field offices with regular exposure to all types of weather conditions during field work
- Some work in lab environment
- Frequent use and transportation of nuclear gauge. Participation in monitoring program required.
- Loud noise levels at times (hearing protection provided)
- Overnight travel may be required with this position.
RockSol offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including: Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life, AD&D, Long and short term disability plans, 401K, PTO and paid holidays.
RockSol is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace. All candidates are required to pass drug and alcohol testing before beginning employment and are subject to random testing throughout the duration of their employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity