Connect for Health Colorado has an exciting opportunity for a Community Support Team Lead.
Connect for Health Colorado is the state-based health insurance marketplace and support
network that allows individuals, families and small employers to compare and purchase health
plans from companies including the major health plans in the state in a convenient way. We
provide high quality customer assistance by phone and in person, as well as access to federal
financial assistance to reduce the cost of health insurance. Our mission is to increase access,
affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in
This position provides supervision and subject matter expertise for the Connect for Health
Colorado Community Support team. This includes scheduling and prioritizing work assignments,
training, providing coaching and feedback, evaluating performance, and administering
progressive disciplinary actions. Additionally, this position will provide eligibility and enrollment
support to county human services offices and other community organizations and will also be
expected to support the customer call center when needed.
• Contributes to a positive team environment and works with CSU leadership to identify
areas for improvement to support CSU goals and C4HCO mission.
• Oversee the daily activities of a small unit of Community Support staff and provide
direction as needed to ensure objectives and performance metrics are met. Manage,
maintain, and process work schedules, update attendance tracking, upkeep employee
records, approve timesheets, and monitor PTO.Must maintain expert knowledge of
requirements for all Medical Assistance programs including QHP, APTC, CSR, Medicaid
and CHP+, and the eligibility and enrollment systems to support them through Connect
for Health Colorado and the Colorado Benefit Management System (CBMS).
• Must maintain high level of knowledge of additional state programs, including expert
knowledge of Non-MAGI Medical Assistance and basic knowledge of SNAP and TANF.
• Assist with quality assurance, training programs, and the execution of team policies,
procedures, and SLAs.
• Create, submit and monitor resolution help desk tickets.
• Process all required work following all related policies and procedures and State and
• Support complex costumer service scenarios over the phone or via email, with the
ability to identify, solve, and communicate resolutions tactics with team members.
• Identify trends and escalate issues to management in timely manner, minimizing risk
and improving customer experience.
• Identify challenges with policies, processes or technology that impacts performance.
• Handle phone calls and emails from county eligibility workers and community
organizations and resolve issues/inquiries within team SLA.
• Ensure SLA objectives and performance metrics are met.
• Provide coaching and feedback and yearly evaluations.
• Lead by example, motivating and encouraging agents to achieve goals.
• Produce required productivity, quality assurance and training reports.
• Self-motivated, driving projects to completion, and working in a team environment.
• When needed, provide in-person support at community or enrollment events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High level of empathy; excellent soft skills and customer service best practices
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to handle difficult
conversations and reach problem resolution
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• 2-years’ work-related experience in a Customer Service Center or back office
• Proven experience in customer service, data entry, and independently resolving
• Six-months of related call center/over the phone customer service experience preferred
• Proven problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of professionalism and active listening skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
Bi-lingual in English and Spanish a plus. Prior experience with CBMS and/or Connect for Health
Colorado’s eligibility and enrollment system strongly preferred.
• Typical office setting; the Connect for Health Colorado office is in the DTC area of
Denver, near the intersection of I-25 & I-225
• Work hours may vary from week to week (approximately 40 hours/week)
• Work schedule will include some non-traditional hours, weekends and evening events
• Travel throughout Colorado will occasionally be required, mostly day trips along the
Front Range (mileage reimbursement available)
• Work environment currently remote, must be willing to return to office environment.
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Using Connect for
Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit
offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado
employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally
provided with paid time off, short and long term disability and life insurance. The hiring range for this position is $50,100.00 to $59,700.00.
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health
Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member
and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of