Job Summary: Stock, inventory, and cycle count tooling, repair parts, and supplies used to manufacture the wide range of products produced by Sierra Bullets. Maintain on time availability of tooling, repair parts and supplies to minimize down time of production equipment. Accurately build changeover boxes for line production and experimental changeovers.
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. Maintain accurate inventory of machine tooling, repair parts, and supplies.
2. Build, preserve, maintain, and verify that tooling changeover boxes are complete with all necessary tooling in exceptional condition to enable Line Tool setters to facilitate a quick and efficient changeover.
3. Management and distribution of supplies used in production (personal protection, safety, hygiene, rags, paper, etc.).
4. Maintain Kanban levels of all tooling, repair parts, and supplies.
5. Communicate in a timely and effective manner to accomplish the goals of the Company.
6. Maintain the Tool Crib in a clean, organized, well-kept condition.
7. Exhibit safe work practice.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Work with outside venders to order and receive tooling, parts, and supplies.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Ability to use automated and computerized systems including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Sierra Bullet’s tool inventory programs.
2. Attention to detail.
3. Excellent organization skills.
4. Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/KanBan processes.
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. High School Diploma/ GED or skilled trades.
3. Complete 6 Skills Tests: Basic Industrial Skills, Assembly and Matching, Matching Industrial Images, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of times.
2. Infrequent push/pull/lift 30lbs. max, twisting, bending.
Experience Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Knowledge of manufacturing.
2. Working Knowledge of inventory systems.
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required:
1. Valid driver’s license.
Exempt _____ Non-Exempt __X__
This company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time.