Job Title: Buyer
Department: Supplier Development
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Reports to: VP of Supply Chain
Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies and advertising for organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews requisitions. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Purchase stock and special-order material based on established procedures utilizing the SAP system, reports, and inventory classification.
- Follow up with suppliers concerning order status and delivery and communicate delivery information to impacted departments.
- Consults catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Assist the department manager with evaluating supplier performance related to on time delivery, fill rates and errors, transfer cost improvements, branch support, and other measures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of vendors or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Associates degree in business or supply chain management required
- A minimum of three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- APP certification preferred