About Delaney Hardware
Delaney Hardware is a leading provider of premium builder hardware for residential homes, multi-family buildings, and commercial projects. With comprehensive, stylish collections that combine superior finishes and smooth mechanics, Delaney’s unwavering commitment to value, quality, and exceptional service distinguishes it from the rest of the industry. As part of the Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) family of brands, Delaney offers a full portfolio of hardware including door hardware, digital locks, barn door hardware, bath accessories, commercial hardware, trim hardware, and steel doors and frames. For more information about Delaney, visit www.DelaneyHardware.com.
The S&G family of brands delivers proven innovative security solutions that protect businesses, families, and assets around the world. The S&G family is a trusted provider of state-of-the-art high-security locks, commercial-grade doors and hardware, multi-family and residential security solutions, and high-quality door hardware and fixtures. For more information about S&G, visit www.sargentandgreenleaf.com.
Human Resources Generalist JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
FLSA: Exempt: Salary
Location: Cumming, GA
Reports to: VP & General Manager
The HR Generalist reports directly to the Vice President & General Manager and indirectly to the Director of HR and supports the development and administration of HR programs and procedures for Delaney. The HR Generalist contributes to the success of the organization through recruitment, selection, interviewing, performance management, onboarding, offboarding, HRIS management, record keeping, timekeeping, benefits, and employee development and engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the VP/GM and Director of HR to administer HR policies, processes and best practices while supporting company initiatives and HR strategy at the corporate and local levels. Instill a culture of ownership, accountability, and engagement across the organization.
• Ensure a safe workplace by working with managers to implement policies and procedures to avoid accidents and maintain a disease-free workplace. Ensure that all relevant OSHA requirements are met. Coordinate with the corporate Safety Leader to ensure adherence to corporate safety practices at the local level.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
• Conduct recruitment activities for all hourly and salaried employees including performing interviews, administering testing, checking references, conducting background checks and creating/delivering job offers. Track the requisition pipeline and recommend improvements to ensure that Delaney is hiring the best talent in an efficient manner.
• Coordinate all aspects of the annual performance management process including gathering feedback and facilitating its successful implementation.
• Coordinate the succession pipeline and work with the HR Director to ensure visibility of high potentials across the corporation and implement leadership development plans.
• Coordinate training and development activities including the scheduling, administration and tracking of internal and external training and evaluating training effectiveness
• Participate in training and make presentations (employee meetings etc.) as required. Work with VP/GM to schedule and present town halls and other employee meetings.
• Partner with the HR Director to manage all aspects of the annual compensation process. Assist in pay banding, compa-ratios and compensation management.
• Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for continuous improvement with existing and new HR processes, policies and systems.
• Leads Delaney’s Employee Engagement Committee to perpetuate Delaney’s family-oriented culture.
• Administer employee satisfaction surveys. Work with VP/GM and HR Director to disseminate results and implement practices to improve employee engagement.
• Aid in the creation, administration and distribution of companywide communications.
• Respond to employee inquiries and resolve issue.
• Lead on-boarding and off-boarding process for employees and ensure all requirements are met.
• Maintain current and accurate employee files/records and HRIS systems data.
• Assist employees in the use of HRIS systems.
• Create and rewrite job descriptions. Maintain database for easy access.
• Review the employee handbook on an annual basis and revise as needed.
• Maintain an HR calendar and ensure that employees comply with deadlines.
• Assist with employee payroll, timekeeping, benefit and 401K administration.
• Assist with special projects based on the needs of the HR Department and the business.
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality
• Ability to provide appropriate response to employee issues and resolve conflicts
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new or updated software
• Experience with Paylocity is a plus
• Continuous improvement mindset – must be able to adhere to our corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation and leadership
• Bachelor’s Degree in HR Administration or relevant field of study
• 3 – 5 years of experience in an HR Generalist role.
• Professional certification such as the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
• Experience with a manufacturer or distributor preferred
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.