Account Managers provide a high, professional standard of service to Clark Insurance customers in their overall management of an assigned book of accounts. They consistently initiate contact with existing customers, identify needs and recommend appropriate coverages and products. In addition, Account Managers build relationships with customers and carrier underwriters to encourage growth and retention of the book of accounts.
- Manage, retain and grow assigned book of accounts by planning and carrying out daily responsibilities with minimal direction, using sound judgment and independent thinking
- Possess knowledge of carrier manuals, appetite, services and coverage forms/products available from each of our carrier partners
- Advise customers/prospects on the insurance policies/products/services available for protecting their financial assets
- Responsible for front-end underwriting of accounts to align the proper carrier and best solutions for the customer’s/prospect’s insurance needs
- Provide quotations, coverage summaries/comparisons, proposals and recommendations proposed
- Responsible for all customer communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on customer deliverables. Ensure customer or carrier conflicts are handled in an effective manner by identifying and implementing solutions as issues arise and informing the department director of any problems.
- Responsible for the proper documentation in the agency management system of all customer communications and the confidentiality of all customer documentation
- Provide periodic coverage reviews to address new/changing insurance needs of customers. Make customers aware of the services available in other departments within the agency
- Guide processing of mail, renewals, new business, billing, cancellations, non-renewals, reinstatements, and other administrative functions carried out by associates and analysts
- Follow all systems, procedures and regulations set forth by agency, insurance carriers, and state departments of insurance
- Work to attain individual, team, department, and agency business goals
- Continue to update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Extremely detail oriented
- High level of initiative and able to work well in a team environment
- Motivated, goal-oriented, persistent and skilled negotiator
- Strong technical capacity with knowledge of Microsoft Office software products
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Exceptional communication, organization and time management skills
- Results driven with a positive, professional attitude and exceptional customer service focus
- Plans and executes responsibilities independently and with discretion
Preferred Experience, Education and Licensing
- Undergraduate degree or combination of industry education and experience
- Holds the Associate in General Insurance designation
This is a full-time position.
Occasional travel to branch offices, educational seminars and carrier functions may be required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.