Answers in Genesis EMT’s will render aid to employees, staff and guests at the level in which they are certified. Basic Life Support (BLS) Promptly responds to requests for medical treatment, both emergency and non-emergency, and provides appropriate medical evaluation and care to the limit of his/her certification and training. Professionally interacts with other medical personnel. Provides accurate written and verbal reports.
- Establishing medical protocols and standing orders for communications and patient care personnel
- Serving as a liaison with the local medical community
- Interacting with regional, state, and local EMS authorities on issues relating to EMS standards, needs and requirements and the optimization of resource utilization
- Maintaining continuing education appropriate for EMT’s
- Render patient care utilizing the Standard of Care approved by the Medical Director and the Kentucky Board of EMS.
- Providing support for Paramedics rendering advanced life support type treatment if required.
- Setting up equipment and assisting in ALS procedures when required (i.e. heart monitor, IV’s, medications).
- Ensuring medical bags are fully stocked at the beginning of shift, re-stocking of bags with supplies as needed and inspecting equipment to ensure proper function.
- Submit orders to Public Safety Admin for the purpose of restocking.
- Log and maintain database of locations for all AED’s.
- Maintain all medical related equipment.
- Perform monthly test on all Emergency Lights and Emergency Exit Signs.
- Conduct monthly checks on all Fire Extinguishers.
- Completes required paperwork with full narrative documenting the nature of the dispatch, patient’s condition on scene, all care and treatments provided, including supplies to ensure highest level of care.
- Ensures that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and timely.
- Participate in housekeeping duties on a consistent basis.
- Accepts additional duties and assignments as needed to meet the needs of the customer.
- Additional duties as directed by management.
Items needed for possible employment:
- Completion of on-line application, https://answersingenesis.org
- Salary Requirements
- Salvation Testimony
- Creation Belief Statement
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
- Completion of a Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current certification as an EMT Basic in Kentucky
- Valid driver’s license
- CPR certification
- Must pass drug screening
- Clean criminal background check and driving record
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Lift and/or move up to 300 pounds or more with assistance from partner(s)
- Grip up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull stretchers weighing up to 125 pounds
- Repetitively squat
- Crawl into confined spaces
- Climb stairs carrying 50 pounds of equipment
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk, see, hear