The delivery driver must be friendly and courteous and able to safely drive company provided vehicles within a determined route and provide delivery of product to customer specific stops in a timely manner.
The delivery driver will ensure safe delivery of product to our customers building customer relationships to ensure business retention and growth.
- Perform pre/post driver inspections to include simple vehicle maintenance and report mechanical problems immediately;
- Observe speed limits and obey all road signs;
- Use truck tracking device/phones on a daily to day basis;
- Drive to and from delivery route destinations safely maintaining a timely schedule and completion of deliveries as planned;
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against product to be delivered;
- Lift and off load products to customer site with dolly (powered pallet jack if provided);
- Present invoices, collect payment, & always obtain signature from the receiver & provide duplicate;
- Report delays, transportation situations, customer feedback/concerns;
- Keep driving records (i.e. mileage and gas receipts);
- Immediately report all vehicle accident/injuries and complete documentation as required;
- Responsible adhering to food security, food safety regulations and policies (Food Safety, HACCP, CGMPs)
- At the end of shift, clean truck, return any undelivered product, provide invoices and payments received ensuring paperwork has been clearly documented as part of the driver check in process.
- Any other work as assigned:
On a regular and continuous basis exercises sound administrative judgment and assume responsibility and accountability for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service.
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Must have a clear & acceptable standing driving record;
- Able to handle potential driving circumstances with regard to weather and traffic;
- Attention to detail required (such as directions, location stops, and delivery instructions);
- Repetitive lifting at a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Follow all traffic laws established;
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of delivery driving experience
- Knowledgeable of the metropolitan area