Quality Engineer JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Reports to: Quality Manager
Continually work with customers to improve performance, implement process control and quality plans, as well as develop and maintain customer quality metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform internal quality system audits and provide support for quality system improvement.
• Manage customer audits & special process compliance.
• Implement and maintain customer PPM tracking.
• Manage customer scorecard reporting
• Conduct PPAPs for New Product Development
• Manage implementation and verification of corrective actions.
• Respond to customer complaints by directing containment, root cause investigations, corrective action and follow up and resolution with the customer.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, blueprints or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability in analyzing data, making recommendations, presenting in front of an audience both customers and management.
• Ability to track actions and KPI measurements and log reports on a timely basis
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• High Level knowledge of process control fundamentals, techniques and auditing.
• Coordinate quality studies to determine cause, effect and corrective measures to remedy any quality issues that may occur.
• Advanced experience implementing Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and/or Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activities.
• Responsible for containment, corrective and preventive actions, and follow up activities.
• Responsible to ensure compliance to all of the company’s manufacturing and product specifications
• Ability to implement Continuous Improvement tools and problem-solving processes.
• Strong understanding of ISO requirements.
• Advanced MS Office experience (Excel, Word).
• Bachelor’s degree in a Quality or Engineering related discipline required
• A minimum of five years of related experience required
• A minimum of five years in a manufacturing environment responsible for developing and/or assuring robust production processes.
• To make the world more secure today and into the future
• S&G is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations
• Must be a champion of our corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation and leadership
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; frequently required to reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.