We are currently seeking an Employment Law Staff Attorney to join our Southern Regional office team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Willingness and ability to build and maintain positive and strong relationships with member companies;
• Advise member companies concerning employee relations matters, risk management, policies, procedures and other employment law and HR issues
• Ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively in sometimes challenging situations; deliver employment law-related content in a classroom, online, or conference setting
• Ability to analyze and solve complex problems; effectively listen, seek clarification, and provide concrete and clear advice
• Representing employers in federal and state administrative agency matters including drafting responses for clients; Excellent attention to detail; ability to work independently and execute plans to meet employers’ needs; ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities; ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Must have reliable personal transportation, with ability to travel regionally; and
• Advise employers regarding federal employment laws and regulations, with primary emphasis on civil rights and discrimination, wage and hour, family and medical leave, disability, and wrongful discharge; Working knowledge of Colorado state employment laws and regulations
• Must reside in the Colorado Springs/Pueblo area
• Law degree and admitted to Colorado bar
• Minimum of one year of experience practicing law; 3 or more years preferred
The importance of individual requirements and the level of experience needed is partially based on the needs of the organization and the expertise of the existing team.
Desirable additional qualifications:
• Experience representing parties in unemployment hearings
• Experience advising management on best HR practices and policies
Weekly Salary Range: $1,428.85 - $1,750.71
The final salary offer will be based on the level of experience brought by the candidate and the current needs of the organization. Candidates with extensive experience may be hired above the minimum of the hiring range. Candidates with little or no experience will be hired at or near the minimum of the range.
Employers Council Benefits:
• Insured group health, dental, & vison plans with optional tax deferred 125 plans are available
• Long term income protection via 401k and defined benefit pension plans
• Life, AD&D, Long term disability plans primarily paid for by employer
• A generous mix of vacation, sick and holiday paid days off
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.