Nuvve Corp. is a San Diego based company, whose mission is to lower the cost of electrical vehicle (EV) ownership while supporting the integration of renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar. Our Grid Integrated Vehicle platform GIVe™ transforms EVs into grid assets when charging while guaranteeing the expected level of charge when the vehicle owner needs it. The aggregation of thousands of electric vehicles into a virtual power plant using the GIVe platform, allows Nuvve to participate in electricity markets with a power capacity comparable to traditional generators. Based on “Vehicle To Grid” technology or “v2g” the GIVe platform gives benefits to public organizations, businesses and homes by reducing the cost of electric infrastructure and reducing CO2 emissions.
Nuvve is looking for two mid to senior level Software Engineers with java back-end experience to work on Nuvve’s Aggregation platform, which manages electric vehicles and charging stations worldwide. The perfect candidate should be a passionate and dedicated professional with proven analytical and social skills. We are seeking engineers with experience working on cloud based, enterprise software.
You will be joining a small but fast-paced, global team of innovators with a history of rapidly developing and delivering software to meet the high demands of this dynamic company. As an industry leader, we expect our team members to accomplish their work with the highest level of operational excellence and professionalism.
This is a full-time position with 100% company paid benefits.
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. While our San Diego office is currently closed to the public, and we moved toward our new norm of conducting business, please rest assured that we are taking all necessary precautions including practicing social distancing and sanitation. As a result, we have made changes to our workplace and hiring guidelines to conform with CDC requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment with high adaptability and flexibility.
• Perform detailed design and hands-on development for scalable application services
• Develop new code and/or lead existing code either individually or as part of a small team
• Deliver documentation or designs as required
• Capture requirements and use cases as required
• Own and review work you are doing for accuracy, quality, performance and completeness
• Work with product managers, project managers and technical teams in order to deliver high-quality products that meet business objectives
• Mentor and cultivate junior engineers
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications / Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related area or equivalent experience
• 3+ years total years’ experience delivering enterprise class web applications
• 2+ years of experience developing in Java language and JVM and associated toolchain: Maven, SONAR, JMX
• Proven working experience in Spring: Boot, Core, Security, Data (JPA & “NoSQL”)
• Proven working experience in “REST” HTTP APIs, the HTTP protocol in general and the associated tools: Postman, OpenAPI / Swagger, cURL
• Excellent Database experience including SQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
• Solid knowledge of security and associated best practices: Authentication (OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect), TLS and certificates, hashing, encryption, network (VPC, Security Groups)
• Strong experience with Software Engineering/CS fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms
• Strong knowledge of OOD and SOA principles, with ability to implement them in a language of choice
• Skilled in software development lifecycle processes and experience with scrum, agile and iterative approaches
• Ability to demonstrate unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Building and deploying applications and services into cloud environments: AWS stack preferred, ECS on EKS, Lambda, ELB, ECT, RDS, S3, etc.
• Terraform or CloudFormation
• Messaging: RabbitMQ, Kafka
• Bitbucket pipelines
• Python & Robot Framework
• Experience in energy-related fields is a plus