Evaluates and develops manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs and applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting observations from operators. The Manufacturing Engineer improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment layout and using other lean manufacturing tools and methods. This role determines the parts, equipment, and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications. Additionally, the Engineer provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules and estimating future requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
75% Production Processes
o Preparation of product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
o Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
o Prepares assembly work instructions.
o Coordinates with planning and design staff during new development programs. Provide input and recommendations concerning product design details and tooling to ensure efficient production methods, and to maximize product performance and cost effectiveness.
o Aids in the layout of shop, equipment and flow requirements for a lean environment.
o Indirect supervision of Production Assemblers regarding Manufacturing processes.
o Review production requirements and evaluate product for design for manufacturability
o Design, implement and test tooling to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction
o Calculate and present cost savings to upper management
5% Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on Industrial Engineering, or business studies preferred.
• Problem-solving and analytical skills, able to interpret design for manufacturability
• Minimum 4 year’s experience in a manufacturing engineer related position.
• Experience with lean and efficiency projects for Manufacturing or Warehouse environment strongly preferred.
• Computer literacy with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CAD or Solidworks preferred.
• Maintain professionalism at all times when communicating with internal and external suppliers
• Strong presentation or group speaking abilities required.
• Experience training others.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.