Job Title: Software Engineer
FLSA: Exempt: Salary
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Sargent and Greenleaf has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer to become an integral part of our product development team. As part of the team, this position is responsible for the design and development of new software features as well as support and maintenance for existing products. This is an amazing opportunity for a candidate who is pro-active and motivated to succeed. The environment is fast-paced, exciting, and challenging. The position requires a high level of responsibility and ownership, and requires the management of multiple objectives, projects, and activities at one time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external partners to design, develop and deliver scalable software solutions.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the new product development lifecycle.
- Work with project stakeholders to understand business requirements and initiatives.
- Write functional specifications and technical design documents.
- Develop and conduct various testing routines of software applications.
- Conduct training on new software features.
- Provide support and continuous improvement for current software applications.
- Keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of C, C++, Java, C#, .NET
- Experience designing, developing, and testing of mobile software applications.
- Experience with Android and iOS development frameworks.
- Considerable experience with SQL and SQL Server.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or related field from four-year college or university.