Job Title: Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
Department: Community Living
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Community Living
Position Purpose: The Therapeutic Recreation Specialist has the primary responsibility of ensuring the development, implementation, and coordination of individual and group therapeutic recreation service for individuals within the Intermediate Care Facility/Individual Intellectual Disabilities (ICF-IID) programs.
• Completes Recreation Assessment on admission to Intermediate Care Facility/Individual Intellectual Disabilities (ICFIID) program and on an annual basis.
• Develops Recreation Support plan for individuals identified as benefiting from one to one involvement, provides quarterly and annual report.
• Participates in monthly Qualified Intellectual Developmental Professional (QIDP) and quarterly Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings for individuals on caseload.
• Provides consultation to programs to ensure choices.
• Adheres to Intermediate Care Facility/Individual Intellectual Disabilities (ICFIID), Department Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) requirements.
• Identifies, plans, coordinates on site and external recreational events for individuals and families.
• Maintain current and accurate files on each person served.
• Provides education to staff on benefits on therapeutic recreation activities.
• Identify and coordinates equipment required for safe recreation activities.
• Observe individuals and review data and progress in order to modify/revise individual supports as needed.
• Maintains valid Virginia driver’s license and insurable under The Arc’s auto insurance.
• Perform other duties when assigned.
• Follow all applicable policies and procedures of The Arc of the Virginia Peninsula.
Qualifications/Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
Qualifications/Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation or a related specialty area such as art, dance, music or physical education. Certification in Therapeutic Recreation Therapy preferred.
Experience: One year documented experience working with adults with intellectual disability or developmental disabilities.
Skills Knowledge & Abilities: Comprehensive knowledge of best practices in therapeutic recreation, leisure education, individual assessment and intervention, and therapeutic recreation program management. Ability to modify supports to meet individual needs. Knowledge of community recreation resources and the ability to establish relationships and locate community resources. Ability to lead others, work as a team member and provide hands on support to individuals.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Oral Communication: Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain harmonious relationships with customers and co-workers, in person and over the phone.
• Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
• Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
• Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
• Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem solving inside and outside the department/organization.
• Collaboration: Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
• Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job. Goes beyond expectations in the assignment, task, or job description without being asked.
• Innovation: Applies original thinking in job responsibilities and to improve processes, methods, systems, or services.
• Professionalism: Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior.
• Quality: Produces results or provides service that meets or exceeds company standards.
• Reliability: Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
Environmental: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items such as pares, book, small parts, driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
I have read, understand, and received a copy of this job description.
VersAbility Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer