Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, proprietary Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff helps shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture and on-site perks. The company was named to the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list for 2019 and 2020 and is among the top 25 in the Cleveland Metro Market. At the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Tech Company of the Year” and “Best Tech Services Company” in Northeast Ohio.
Binary Defense (BD) has an open position for an accountant. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to month end closing, reporting, sales tax, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and pricing.
The accountant will work closely with our managers as well as our employees. Candidates must demonstrate intuitive problem-solving skills, have proficient communication skills, be proficient in excel, have familiarity with accounting processes and systems, as well as have a strong overall financial/accounting background.
· Month end closing (review GL transactions, reconcile bank statements, prepare and book monthly/quarterly journal entries, prepare monthly account reconciliations)
· Sales tax (assist in data gathering, client set up and reporting)
· Pricing (assist in workflows for pricing client opportunities)
· Accounts receivable (review billing, schedules, renewals, client billing backup)
· Accounts payable (assist in validation, coding, expense reports, reporting, AP backup)
· Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
Required - Education/Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
· 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience with accounting software and processes
· Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
· Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Highly detail-oriented and organized
· Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
· Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Ability to handle sensitive material concerning the organization and its clients
· Quickbooks Online experience
· Experience with sales tax
· Data gathering for annual 1099’s
· AR & AP experience is a plus