Popli Design Group (PDG) Rochester, is seeking a Full-time Survey Technician. The chosen candidate will be trained both in PDG's field and office procedures to assist in the gathering of field data, processing that data through automated mapping and producing final plans.
• Follows the direction of the Survey Crew Chief to complete assigned projects.
• Willing to learn and follow Company procedures and State requirements when applicable.
• Maintains equipment in good working condition, performs general cleaning and keeps a maintenance record, keeps batteries charged, and communicates the need for replacement batteries or equipment as necessary.
• Keeps the truck equipped with supplies necessary to complete the day’s work.
• Adheres to safety procedures and uses all personal safety equipment provided.
• Processing of field data and CADD drafting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Surveying OR 3-5 years of experience with a Civil Engineering or Surveying Firm.
• Able to operate standard survey field equipment, and able to learn new technologies.
• Ability to hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to perform physical work (i.e. strenuous walking, bending, lifting 50 to 100 pounds, loading and unloading equipment, etc.)
• Must be computer literate and able to adapt to new software.
• Experience with Survey Pro field software.
• Experience in Microstation and InRoads software platforms
• Experience with Leica GPS Equipment and Leica Infinity Software.
• Experience with Cyclone Point Cloud Processing Software.