Our counter sales people in a branch must be multi- talented, in order to service trade accounts and retail sales. They are often required to perform beyond the normal servicing of customers, to the point where they also instruct in application of plumbing and heating products. Therefore, their job description, while listing their duties, is not necessarily limited to the list.
- Perform all sales and operation functions at the store sales counter, including order processing, product application, pricing, and order fulfillment.
- Assist our customers with sales, questions on products, and any other information as needed, with prompt, friendly, and professional service.
- Assist customers by pulling orders.
- Understand and use all cross-reference materials and technical manuals.
- Process orders and returns, and fill out all necessary paperwork neatly and properly.
- Handle customers’ phone sales and questions including walk-in.
- Clean and organize showroom, counter area, restrooms and customer areas on an as needed basis.
- This position requires an individual who works well in a team environment to build positive relationships with repeat Plumbing and HVAC customers.
- Assist Branch manager in administrative duties such as cash report and sorting the daily invoices.
- Warehouse: loading and unloading trucks, and order fulfillment, inventory control and warehouse cleanup.
- Other duties as assigned by the Branch manager.
- Counter sales employees work in a combined retail and warehouse environment and have frequent dealings with the general public where customer service is the primary intention.
- Working conditions are normal for a warehouse environment.
- Work involves standing and frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds.
- Fork Lift operation, use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, work boots, and gloves.
Need to be able to withstand hot and cold work environments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SXE and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type.
- At least 1-3 years retail sales experience, counter sales, cashier and cash operations experience.
Fork lift certified or experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and at least 1-3 years general plumbing knowledge.
- 401(k) matching
- Profit sharing
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Supplementary benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Employee discount
- 8-hour day shifts
- Monday through Friday
- No nights