The Opportunity: The Finance Manager is responsible for the efforts, results, and success of the Senior Solutions Finance department. This position oversees the flow of money for the business, prepares financial reports, leads compliance efforts for finance laws and regulations, and implements cash and financial management strategies alongside the Senior Management team to make key business decisions. This position will oversee the Finance Department, as well as address real-time issues as they arise within the scope of the department including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, and client and vendor billing. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting and accounts payable departments.
- Prepares financial reports, such as balance sheets and income or profit statements, that can be analyzed and used to make financial forecasts
- Prepares reports for regulatory bodies and the outside auditing firm
- Create and maintain the chart of accounts
- Creates and maintains relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
- Oversees, reviews, and adheres to the budgets for each business department, conducting regular forecasting
- Ensure that the General Ledger is accurate and reconciled to all subsidiary ledgers utilizing QuickBooks.
- Assists in company-wide budgetary planning and reports bottom and top line revenue to leadership on a monthly basis. Educating where needed in order to build mindfulness.
- Oversees risk to minimize the losses that can occur due to certain financial transactions and business moves
- Ensures that all of the company's financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation, all while demonstrating best practices in regard to financial information management
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant variances to management.
- Provide a system of management cost reports
- Monitors revenue cycle aging and collections
- Monitors cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Appraises, evaluates, and takes inventory of properties and equipment, recording information such as the property's description, value, and location
- Maintains all finance department files and records
- Assists in analyzing cost alternatives for providing services
- Maintains inner and inter-departmental workflow by providing finance information and cooperating with co-workers