The Help Desk Analyst is responsible for providing end user hardware and software remote support. Problems beyond the scope of the Help Desk are resolved by engaging other service resources including the NOC and Field Engineering teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides support for end user hardware and software primarily through remote support, including deployment and replacement of equipment.
• Proactively triages tickets assigning severity and escalation as appropriate, ensuring a superior customer service experience.
• Ensures the end-to-end customer experience is excellent and provides a single point-of-contact for the customer.
• Coordinates escalation issues between the Service Desk and other teams in SSR
• Creates a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude.
• Advises the Managed Services Leader of ticket trends, barriers, and improvement areas to support the growth and progress of the team.
• Has a thirst for knowledge – stays updated on technical knowledge and seeks areas for development to provide superior support to customers.
• Sees incidents and requests through to timely completion. Engages other teams as necessary to ensure issues are resolved.
• Provide after-hours/on-call support as needed.
• Adheres to and supports SSR standards, policies, and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Works well under stress, pressure, and deadlines and under minimal supervision.
• Must be able to effectively problem solve and demonstrate initiative for handling multiple priorities while meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy, quality or service standards.
• Must deliver clear, effective communication and take responsibility for understanding others.
• Ability to multitask, must be able to answer a call, research solutions, exhaust all resources and coordinate support issues to ensure timely solutions, and a positive impact on user satisfaction and productivity.
• Able to exercise discretion, demonstrate professionalism, and maintain confidentiality, especially as it pertains to “Admin” rights; access to end users’ profiles and desktop; and exposure to confidential information when exposed to end users’ accounts/drives.
• Experience configuring and managing Microsoft Windows Desktops (Windows 7, 8, 10) with workstation imaging, Microsoft Office (2010, 2013, 2016), Active Directory, and Office 365 in an enterprise environment.
• Associate's degree (A. A. / A. S.) in IT or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, Bachelor’s degree preferred (equivalent level of experience will be considered in lieu of education)
• 2 years of relevant experience in a technical help desk environment
• Knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, web browsers, Virtual Private Networking, and Active Directory
• CCNA certification or one Microsoft certification preferred
• Experience utilizing ITIL based service desk software solution preferred
• Experience using / maintaining Active Directory, Exchange, business VOIP phone systems.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills related to Windows operating systems, desktop applications and LAN / general network troubleshooting
• ITIL awareness / certification is a plus