Imagine what you can do at Sierra Bullets, LLC. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Sierra Bullets, LLC you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet the toughest challenges.
Join the Sierra Bullets, LLC team and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Champion Sierra Bullet’s product quality through any means necessary. Serve as the lead Ballistic Quality Control agent on the production floor. Audit Sierra Bullet’s ballistic quality and report to management, quality control, and production as required. Perform ballistic and quality control checks to evaluate the quality and performance of manufactured bullets. These checks will be performed on Production and QC samples as well as re-fires of questionable product.
Essential Functions of the Job (listed in order of importance):
- Work safely by adhering strictly to all safety rules and procedures.
- Adhere strictly to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain the Range Cycle according to SOP RG 400.
- Report results to production immediately.
- Load, shoot, and accurately report results for bullets which require testing.
- Prepare brass to replenish established Kanbans as necessary.
- Prepare test equipment for upcoming testing.
- Maintain all test equipment in a clean, organized, and functional condition.
- Maintain range in a clean, organized, and functional condition.
Marginal Job Functions: (if applicable)
- Make, test, and report results of ballistic gelatin as required.
- Contribute to new product development as directed.
- Monitor and report all visual and dimensional product defects.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Extensive knowledge and practice of firearm safety.
- Extensive knowledge and practice of benchrest shooting.
- Ability to load match quality ammunition.
- Ability to use a computer for data entry, reporting, and communication.
- Ability to manage time to achieve the Company’s goals
- Mechanical background.
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years college or vocational school in ballistic or mechanical field preferred.
- Score of 45 or higher on the Bennett Mechanical Aptitude Test.
- Complete Company’s Ballistic Technician Aptitude test.
- Complete skills tests for MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Matching Industrial Images
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Frequent pushing and pulling 8lbs max
- Intermittent lifting of 60lbs max.
- Able to manipulate hand tools.
- Able to stand, twist, bend for long periods of time.
- Comfortable in underground, close quarters.
- Able to work overtime as required.
Experience Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years ballistic experience in manufacturing, range, and/or law enforcement.
- Competitive shooting experience preferred.
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required:
- Certification in gunsmithing or ballistics related field preferred.