The Enhancement Manager plays a critical role in driving safety, quality, and efficiency in Outdoor Pride’s operations. They manage all aspects of landscape enhancement projects. The Enhancement Manager schedules as well as directs personnel and resources towards providing quality, cost-effective enhancement services to clients.
The Enhancement Manager also supports the Area, Account and Operations Managers when needed by developing proposals, design and client meetings as needed as well as identify enhancement services for clients. They will be responsible for training and developing the individuals reporting to them by providing day-to-day operational scheduling and guidance.
• Customer and quality focus
• Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Team oriented
• High integrity leader who commands respect – leads by example
• Interest and capability in developing people
• Excellent problem-solving abilities, quick learner
• Responsible, dependable, and ethical
• Capacity to innovate
• Leader with a positive approach
• Manage all landscape enhancement services, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce quality work
• Create schedules and communicate as to when the job is to be completed
• Train and develop enhancement personnel
• Provide day-to-day operational scheduling and guidance
• Perform hands-on work with crews as necessary to meet work and scheduling demands
• Maintain and manage all required administrative systems, including but not limited to LMN time sheets, job databases, and service schedules
• Communicate during job and/or after completion to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded
• Hands-on training and support of crew members, including proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards
• Develop and maintain positive management, field, vendor, and subcontractor relationships
• Assist in the performance of enhancement sales tasks as required and turn around proposals in a timely manner
• Identify and develop high performing crew members into crew leaders
• Recognize opportunities to improve operations and best approach for implementation.
• Assist in duties and objectives as directed by the Area Manager
• Seek out relevant certifications and licensing within the industry
• Maintain an active knowledge and understanding of current industry standards and trends
• Active role in snow operations at a dedicated site/area
• Obtain accreditation and state licenses as directed
• Valid driver's license
• 5 years of landscape experience including 3 years as a crew leader (flexible based upon other qualifications)
• Basic Microsoft Office skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) or a willingness to develop
• Knowledge (or willingness to develop) of LMN Estimating and Time Software
• Management and training experience.
• Knowledge of local turfs, shrubs, groundcover, and seasonal color including growth characteristics, appropriate maintenance techniques, and most common issues
• Often lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift.
• Shifts can include walking and standing for long periods of time - excellent stamina required
• Fast paced environment
• Work outdoors in various conditions including heat & humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold conditions
• Flexible working hours including occasional weekend/night work during the landscape season.