Seasonal – Zoo Specialists are responsible for creating the best experience possible for our guests and providing the best possible care for the animals. The ideal candidate is passionate about the Answers in Genesis attractions and serving others, enthusiastic, energetic, and an excellent multi-tasker. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the Answers in Genesis mission and standards.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- This unique opportunity offers the chance to gain valuable knowledge in the workings of zoological institutions and the basics of animal husbandry techniques.
- Responsible for the animal care at the respective attraction
- Involved in all facets of the attraction’s animal care program, related to cleaning animal enclosures (e.g., rake, hose, sweep, disinfect, remove manure, clean building), operate contact areas, and prepare animal diets/drink under the guidance of the Keeper staff.
- Educate guests on the animal kinds and care in petting or interacting with the animals during animal presentations and direct interaction with the animals.
- Ensure the safety and care of the animals as well as the guests or other employees.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.