Hoopaugh Grading Company, LLC (“HGC”) is accepting resumes for the position of Survey Cad Technician. This position will be under the direction and supervision the Survey Managers. The job description noted below is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prepare As-built and Topographic Surveys
· Prepare digital terrain models and contouring
· Reads and understands plans and specifications
· Perform earthwork volume calculations
· Know basic sources of measurement errors
· Self-motivated and organized with good decision-making skills
· Utilize HGC’s core values in daily duties.
· Communicate professionally with everyone on site, including but not limited to supervisors. teammates, contractors, clients and vendor partners.
· Maintain attendance at work, including presence at work during regular work hours or other schedule as may be assigned by the foreman or superintendent. Acceptance of overtime assignments also may be required in order to operational needs.
· Attend training at HGC Academy.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
· Perform other various assignments as assigned
Experience & Requirements
• Previous experience or desire to learn land survey or engineering experience
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D (or similar programs), with experience in Terramodel or Trimble Business Center a plus
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans
• Honest, Dependable, Thorough, and a Strong Work Ethic
• Must have ability to complete projects independently with minimal supervision
• Must have solid computations skills
• Knowledge in use of any land surveying field equipment is a plus
· Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and teammates.
· Must be able to understand team goals and direction.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
Essential Physical Demands of Work Environment, With or Without a Reasonable Accommodation
· Able to stand/sit for extended periods of time, as well as stoop, kneel, walk, bend, crouch, lift, and crawl as required to perform essential duties.
· Able to lift, carry, and hold building materials, tools, and supplies.
· Able to maintain constant alertness and situational awareness while on the job site.
· Any other physical demand the assigned duties require.
· Competitive Pay
· Medical Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Group Term Life
· Voluntary Dental, Vision & Life Insurances
· Voluntary Long-Term Disability
· 401(k) Plan with Company Match
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
· Signature 35-Hour Guarantee
· Quarter Bonus Program
· Weekly Pay
· State-of-the-Art Equipment
· Free Training Programs at the HGC Academy
HGC operates in a 65-mile radius from Charlotte, North Carolina. By applying for this position, you acknowledge our operation radius and understand your commute could reach up to one (1) hour. Teammates are asked to move job sites as project needs change and occasionally report to the HGC Academy for training. All applicants to whom a conditional offer of employment is made shall undergo and pass a pre-employment screening including drug test, background check, and a fit for duty exam prior to beginning work. HGC is a drug-free workplace.
HGC is an industry-recognized, award-winning provider of construction services driven by our commitment to providing quality turn-key sitework packages for large industrial, commercial, and residential projects. Voted one of the Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2021 and 2022 as well as the Charlotte Observer’s Top Workplaces from 2018-2023, we strive to provide a friendly work environment that encourages productivity while promoting teamwork, education, safety and the well-being of our teammates on every level.
HGC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against age, race, religion, color, disability, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran, genetic information, status or any other basis prohibited by law.