Directs and coordinates human resources activities such as employment and compensation administration, labor relations, benefit administration, training, employee services, recruitment and selection. Responsible for the development and distribution of company policy and HR procedures as directed by senior leadership.
Serves as partner to both the local company as well as to the holding company to ensure that employee focused strategic initiatives are well vetted, deployed effectively, and create long term success.
This position requires someone who is administratively talented, can effectively implement change, and can think strategically. To be successful you should be a nimble learner, can change directions quickly, and is able to multi-task while delivering timely results.
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. Practices discretion when handling confidential?information.
2. Supervises the daily human resources operations.
3. Administers the maintenance and security of employee information.
4. Serve as a liaison and consultant to both the local and holding company for organizational development initiatives.
5. Monitors and ensures company adherence to HR policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
6. Administers all Paylocity data and modules and supports Payroll Processing.
7. Designs and implements effective programs for the recruitment, development, selection, and retention of employees to meet company staffing requirements.
8. Collects, reviews, and summarizes all HR data required for regulatory reporting.
9. Coordinates with parent company HR Director to align with corporate HR guidelines and required regulatory reporting.
10. Develops and implements employee and supervisory staff training on HR related matters, personnel policies and procedures.
11. Administers on/offboarding of all new employees.
12. Perform accurate entry of all employee information related to benefits including deductions, time off accrual, personal information changes, payroll changes, terminations, etcetera.
13. Serves as employee benefit liaison.
14. Mentors and trains HR support staff.
15. Supervises and coordinates new employee orientation.
16. Maintains company job descriptions.
17. Plans and executes special events and employee activities.
18. Coordinates training, benefits, employee services, employee relations, and health promotion activities through Sierra staff members.
19. Thoroughly researches appropriate methods and techniques and recommends solutions to assist Management in resolving employee problems.
20. Remains functionally knowledgeable of all local, state, and federal regulations and best practices.
21. Ensures all reports and files are in compliance with all legal and corporate guidelines.
Marginal Job Functions:
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Ability to make clear, consistent, transparent decisions; act with integrity and urgency in all decision making; distinguish relevant from irrelevant information and make timely decisions; consider impact of decisions on the company taking into account Sierra Bullet Policy and the handling of similar issues in the past.
2. Ability to work in a team environment that relies on collaboration and individual execution.
3. Ability to anticipate and identify problems; involve others in seeking innovative; conduct appropriate analyses; and search for best solutions; provide simplified solutions as appropriate; respond quickly to new challenges.
4. Displays strong interpersonal and communication skills and is responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization.
5. Possesses functional knowledge of regulation including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and general human resources concepts.
6. Ability to perform function of the job in a professional, positive, and friendly manner at all times.
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field
2. Successful completion of skill testing Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Physical Requirements to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Ability to speak clearly
2. Ability to sit for extended periods of time
3. Ability to lift 20 pounds
Experience Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
1. Five years’ experience desired
Licensing or Other Special Certifications Required:
1. Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification a plus.
Position is Exempt.