(Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt Position) Starting Salary: $16.49/hourly or $34,299.20/annually
How to Apply: Using the “apply” button on this page, please complete the required online application. For general questions about the position, contact Unique Hiram at (785) 587-2447 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for increasing public awareness about the Flint Hills Discovery Center.
• Identify, develop and maintain efficient communication between all media and journalism outlets and the Flint Hills Discovery Center, through press releases; maintaining an accurate media list; and direct relationships.
• Create and update all electronic communications with the media, FHDC members, and all other interested audiences and is responsible for the creation of the majority of graphic design needs for the marketing department as well as managing all marketing and advertising contracts specific to the FHDC.
• Establish and execute marketing strategy plans for each major event, program or campaign.
• Support the promotion of fundraising events with the development team (Development Officer, Foundation board, and community volunteers) and devise strategies to consistently promote and maintain publicity and marketing contact with guests.
• Facilitate the inclusion of all FHDC activities and events via external community calendars, electronic/social media sites, and other accredited sites of affiliation and plan, organize and maintain FHDC calendar of events, providing ongoing communications to keep staff informed of events and planning.
• Create and distribute press releases for all FHDC activities, donor recognition, education programs for users of all ages, updates, exhibit announcements, print ads, post cards, etc. to local, regional and national media outlets.
• Manage print production process of external pieces through bidding, transferring files, proofing, press check and delivery, and oversee installation as needed.
• Use technical knowledge to monitor, and generate and analyze traffic for the FHDC website and social media using Google Analytics and other analytics tools.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable)
• FHDC interns and work with volunteers on assigned projects and at events.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Develop communication strategies through both traditional and non-traditional means to elevate the public awareness and image of the Flint Hills Discovery Center to drive increased participation at exhibits, programs and events.
• Other duties as assigned.
**Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Strong and creative graphic design capability required
• Computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and various website content management programs.
• Practical knowledge of general mathematics and fluency of the English language
• Strong applied knowledge of graphic design and layout
• Applied knowledge of social media-Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications preferred • Minimum two years of experience in marketing or communications, preferably in museums, arts or other non-profit organizations.
• Experience with public speaking and making formal presentations
• Experience in event planning, project management, retail, and/or customer service a plus
• Experience with photography, videography and digital editing programs